Thread: SE 2.5 Crashes when I click the titles button.

SE 2.5 Crashes when I click the titles button.

So, SE 2.5 Crashes when I click the titles button.

Even when I just start the program and then first click the {Title}'s button.

It just closes and needs to be restarted.

I'am running nWindows 7 Prem. 4GB ram 1-TB hd.
    Toshiba laptop L755D-S5204.

Any ideas as to a fix?

Thanks
    Videofx
    Last edited by Videofx; 03-28-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Also this is a AMD A6 Vision Quad Core 1.4 Ghz AMD Radeon Graphics, I also reinstalled the program as well, not better.

Blog Entries
    Have you tried re-installing?

Have you tried re-installing?

Yes three times now.

Reloaded a forth time, and now it all works again.
    Thanks for Replys.

The problem is back, and the way around it seems to be restarting SE 2.5 till you can click the titles button and it works, so anywhere from two to many program restarts till it works,

Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Question.

Has SE2.5's title tool ever worked ok for you or has this problem only occurred since upgrading to 2.5?

Solutions.

There could be a number of reasons for this problem, but my gut tells me that you've got either:

a corrupt SE program file (unlikely)
    a corrupt/conflicting Windows system file (more likely)
    a virus (possible)
    a conflicting program running in the background on your system (again possible)
    or a driver conflict (the most probable)

This problem has nothing to do with SpeedEDIT's titling tool directly, since I've used it quite extensively and not had the problem you've described. It's almost certainly local to your system.

The bad news is that the easiest way to fix this problem is to perform a factory reset on your laptop so that you have a completely clean system. You should perform your Windows Updates after factory resetting the system, then install SE as your first application. Run it and try using the titles. I would bet the farm that the problem will have disappeared.

If you don't want to do that, you could try performing a roll back to a previous restore point and finding a point where you don't have the problem with SE's title tool.

Or if that doesn't appeal to you, then you could always try finding the conflicting program/driver/virus/system file and removing it. If you choose to go down this path, then I'd probably start by updating the drivers for the graphics card first then testing SE, then if necessary updating the other hardware components, testing SE between each update.

Another fault diagnosis method would be to install SE 2.5 on another system (preferably with a newly installed OS) and see if you get the same problem. If you did then that would point to a SE 2.5 bug, however, I'd be most surprised if you did though.

Sorry I don't have any good news, but one of these methods will no doubt work.

Shabazzy

Blog Entries
    Another thought I had was for you to try running SE in one of the "Windows compatibility modes" to see if the Title Tool crashes SE.