Thread: Seeking industry pros for Far East Film and Entertainment Arts Festival

Seeking industry pros for Far East Film and Entertainment Arts Festival

The U.S. Department of Defense Education Activity Pacific (DoDEA Pacific) operates 49 K-12 schools for the children of U.S. military families stationed in Guam, Japan, Okinawa and South Korea. We are seeking live television, film, and/or video (production and post-production) industry professionals to support (e.g. teach, train, mentor and coach) high school students and teachers at an upcoming Far East event (similar to a high school state championship in the states) called Film and Entertainment Arts. The event is held in Seoul, South Korea and brings together students and educators for a week of intensive, hands-on, project-based learning in several creative areas such as a film academy, garage band, graphic design, improv, stand-up comedy, dance, etc.

At the end of the week, the students screen their films and perform in front of a live audience. The event will also be live-streamed using a HD multi-camera set-up, Newtek TriCaster XD300 and a CDN service called Watershed by UStream.

If you're a creative professional with video/film/television production, Apple Final Cut Studio, Adobe CS, or Newtek TriCaster experience, please bid on the contract using the link below. You must be capable of doing business with the U.S. Federal Government and your bid is due on 27 March 2012:

http://www.pac.dodea.edu/supportserv...icitations.htm

Or you can access the solicitation directly at this link: http://tinyurl.com/6vk8o89

I can answer questions about the event but for any questions about the contracting process, please see the contact information on the url above or call +81-611-744-5703.

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Did I read the schedule correctly and the event you need help with is April 13-21, 2012 as in next month?

Kinda waiting till the last minute aren't you?
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Video Producer, So Calif.
    The RFQ itself is dated 3/20 with a deadline of 3/27. And we all were potentially notified on 3/25... With all of the letters of reference and such required, there's just about no way to perform unless you knew about this in advance. Hmmmmm....
    www.TakeOneDigital.com
    Live webcasting from concept to broadcast * OC/LA/San Diego and Nationwide
    TC's: 300, 455, 460, Mini
    Cams: Sony PXW-X200, Pany HE-120 PTZ
    Cxns: HD-SDI over coax and fiber

The federal government maintains a database of applications (which they apparently never check) for jobs like this. I have a application there. A late posting means they found no one in their database for the job (because they apparently don't check it).
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Plus the actual event is during NAB.
    I would have liked to have bid for this, but it's impractical given the time frame.

NewTek Certified Operator - TriCaster Professional Line
    TC 460 8000 / ATEM 4K 1 M/E
    Elemental Live / Teradek Cube/Bond / Wirecast 6
    Panasonic HE120 Sony F55/F5/FS7/EX3
    LinkedIn