Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrible, choppy audio playback in SE on TCXD300

Terrible, choppy audio playback in SE on TCXD300

We're using the latest update (as of 3/15/12), and when I'm playing files in the timeline in Speed Edit, the audio playback is really, really choppy. It's as though the audio is playing at a constant speed while it is being alternatively muted and unmuted every 1/8th second or so.

Video plays smoothly, and when I render a file and play it back on another computer, it sounds fine, but this makes it difficult to process and edit audio on the TC.

Thoughts?

What format are the files you're editing with?
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

And did you get your update by pressing Update in TriCaster, or by manually downloading and installing the current 'advance release' build?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I used the Update process built into the TriCaster.

Oh - and as far as file types go, this happens when I'm editing the files we captured on the TriCaster itself - mpg (?) I think.

I am getting the same problem, trying to edit the file captures in the tricaster 300 or 850 extreme; they play back choppy, and then SE freezes. This started happening after the last update. I am about to reset this box to factory settings, I am getting backed up on shows. I moved everything to another box and am using adobe premiere, but that is not the answer.
    The extreme 850 just crashes in SE and I am going up the creek without a paddle on that one, I’m talking 5 and 6 HD clips in a timeline that need edited, use to work fine, but after the update, I cringe when I am using these boxes anymore.
    HELP
    EZ dose it, but do it!

GSC
    N-Media.net

Hello Crobran and Ottis41,
    There have been some major Speed Edit improvements as the software has matured. You will want to make sure you are running the latest 4x update rather than the default 3x update by logging into your account online at http://register.newtek.com from the Admin mode on the system. There you can download and install the rev.4x version of the TriCaster software.
    NewTek Customer Support

I did the update to 4b, and SE hangs and starts to play then locks up, i can do anything.. Think it time for the system restore... Question dose it only wipe and restore the C drive or dose it wipe the D drive as well?
    right now i can use it to edit, streaming seems OK, but not editing, i havent tried capturing
    EZ dose it, but do it!

GSC
    N-Media.net

Restore only affects C.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks Steve, its all good now! back working.. now i think ill just do the Tricaster 4b update and not windows or flash updates, but i think i need the flash update for streaming?
    EZ dose it, but do it!

GSC
    N-Media.net

The IE and Flash 3.2 updates are worth doing in most cases.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I have the exact same problem. What was the solution?

GT

OK. problem recreated. once i downloaded and installed the 4b update, and did the flash encoder update they same problem happend in speed edit, it locks up and then starts to play really choppy and then locks up again.
    I think i will reinstall the default system again and no do the 4b update
    EZ dose it, but do it!

GSC
    N-Media.net

Uh oh... that isn't very encouraging. I just got off the phone with tech support and they told me to go to 4b and see what happens. My problem started when I went to 3d.

Can someone look into this further? Thanks!

GT

Yea im at 4e for TCWD 300 and man Speed Edit is so frusterating I've given up on it. Freezing constantly even when just browsing files in the program. Choppy audio of Captured files, out of syn audio, can't adjust audio levels per clip. I'm very disappointing with this side of Tricaster honestly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast