Thread: Lightwave 11 problems?

Lightwave 11 problems?

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on Lightwave 11. I was just wondering what problems I might run into running Lion?

Sooooo, there are no issues with Lion, and Lightwave 11? Wow Newtek really has buckled down.

Have you tried searching the forums?

sticking to 10.6.8 here for now. unless some newer 3d app will use lion's opengl v3
    but i will run some tests on lion next week with lw 11 and can post here if there are any issues.
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

Quote Originally Posted by 3dworks View Post
    sticking to 10.6.8 here for now. unless some newer 3d app will use lion's opengl v3
    but i will run some tests on lion next week with lw 11 and can post here if there are any issues.
    Ok great! 11 is lion compatible right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony3d View Post
    Ok great! 11 is lion compatible right?
    it should be, i did a very simple lion run with the beta version some months ago.

but an official statement would be the best, of course.

problem is that NT does not place anywhere on its web site the supported OS/ hardware specs. at least, i could not find it...
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

Running fine here with 10.7.3 until now.

Quote Originally Posted by brunopeixoto View Post
    Running fine here with 10.7.3 until now.
    Until now? What happened?

I've not used all the features, bones, etc, but instances, bullet, modeling, these are running very well...

Running 10.6.8 here, tested out most of the new features with no problems, feels quite stable. Trying to figure out some other things like getting messiah to run via plugin (32/64 bit problem perhaps, not sure how to run the 32bit version after i already got 64bit running).

But all in all working well.
    OS X 10.6
    LW 9.6
    MacPro 2.8 octo
    ...Akron OH, the next hollywood

I'm currently modelling (okay...on a pure technicality I'm currently polygon reducing and going to be doing some carving if I can ever get out of this mouth...) on LW11 64bit on 10.7.3 and all is well. Bit preoccupied with that so haven't yet ventured into texturing and playing with my rig (and seeing if the rigging tools have changed/improved/whatever again on the other side), and it's also pretty vanilla as I found built in replacements for the very few plugins I have been using on the modelling side.

Also, I've had Lightwave open for a couple of weeks continuously now, which I've never been able to do before. I think it's crashed twice, once I have nfi what I did, the other was a problem I was aware of (trying to spin edges that touch x=0 in symmetry mode, it apparently doesn't like that so much).