Thread: Few Questions for new user

Few Questions for new user

Hi there,

I want to use png or targa sequence.. as a lower third

1. Can we import that format in the LiveProduction as a clip? with transparency?

2. Can we import .mov with DNxHD 145 Codec without Transcoding ?

3. What is the codec used when we "Record" the PGM as .mov file (or other output). Can we change the setting?

4. If I need to import the "Recorded show" in Avid MC 5.5 is there a specific workflow?

Regards. .

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by benoitlemay View Post
    I want to use png or targa sequence.. as a lower third (snip) Can we import that format in the LiveProduction as a clip? with transparency?
    You can use a clip with embedded alpha in a suitable file format in a DDR as a lower third (using one of the DSK or Overlay channels), but it must be a clip - a single file, not a file sequence.

2. Can we import .mov with DNxHD 145 Codec without Transcoding ?
    I don't beleive so. I tried to find a sample to test, but couldn't. I'll try to find time to make one later today, but if you have one for testing, PM me.
    3. What is the codec used when we "Record" the PGM as .mov file (or other output). Can we change the setting?
    If memory serves, it's M-JPEG, and 'no'.
    4. If I need to import the "Recorded show" in Avid MC 5.5 is there a specific workflow?
    Again, I'll try to do some testing, but can't get to it immediately. In the meantime, hopefully another AVID user will chime in.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi there,

Thanks for your quick reply!.

Do you think they plan to add image sequence in the future?

I attached a quick clip with Avid Codec.. on my side, i had to 'Transcode' in the import process. (I can't attach the file!?) look here griffmedia.com/AvidTest.zip

An other question about my lower third : I have a animation for the 'IN' then the background will be animated and one animation for the 'OUT'. I will use LiveText to 'print' infos over the lower third..

I plan to use DSK1 for the 'graphics' and DSK2 for the text. (I will put a file here --> griffmedia.com/LowerT_test.zip (I only put the IN and BG anim.. no OUT)

Is there a way to do this easily..?
    Regards

Do you think they plan to add image sequence in the future?
    I don't think there's currently any plan to support sequences in the forseeable future. Honestly, it's pretty easy to convert to a clip though, and a lot handier to work with for many purposes.

I attached a quick clip with Avid Codec
    If I could offer a suggestion, and assumnig you're on a Mac, try converting the sequence to Quicktime using the PNG codec, with codec settings maxed to give you a 32bit file.

Is there a way to do this easily..?
    If it was me, I'd convert the in and out sequences to a TriCaster "Animation Store" transition using the ASC utility supplied with TriCaster, and use a DSK to show the text above the transition.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")