View Poll Results: So who will really buy Vray?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a freelance and I can buy Vray immediately.

54 30.00%
  • I am a freelance and I would love to buy it ... but... i probably can't at this price or not now.

40 22.22%
  • The company I work for wants (and can) buy Vray.

33 18.33%
  • We don't need Vray.

67 37.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: how will buy Vray for lightwave?

I've pubished a feature request here:

"Some artists from Lightwave Community also want a V ray plugin that works with Lightwave 3D. Lightwave have been on CG market for decades and was reborn after version 10 and 11. Please give us a V ray plugin too."

https://www.facebook.com/chaosgroup but Chaosgroup deleted it .

Will write again
    Last edited by silviotoledo; 05-05-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

Deleted!

They're so fast
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

Facebook is more for events / published art, not features / requests.

you need to go to the forums... (!)

 
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwestmas View Post
    Nobody is going to respect a package that doesn't respect higher end animators.
    Modo has been getting more and more users and its been just a modeller and renderer for many years.
    There are more people doing asset creation, design and visualization than there are doing animations. Most animators have left lw anyway.
    Lightwave doesn't need to get the best animation tools before it gets vray. Vray will be useful even in lw's current state.

Quote Originally Posted by geo_n View Post
    Modo has been getting more and more users and its been just a modeller and renderer for many years.
    There are more people doing asset creation, design and visualization than there are doing animations. Most animators have left lw anyway.
    Lightwave doesn't need to get the best animation tools before it gets vray. Vray will be useful even in lw's current state.
    Well I and the people I work with won't be using Lightwave at all any time soon if that attitude towards animation continues as the general norm, that's all I know. The animation tools outside of lightwave are just too good to pass up. My point being, I wouldn't take the time to import animation into LW if I wanted to use Vray. I'd by Vray for my animation package of choice.

As for others who don't do much CA at all or never, sure, I don't debate that it would be useful to some degree.
    Last edited by jasonwestmas; 05-05-2012 at 08:31 PM.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwestmas View Post
    Well I and the people I work with won't be using Lightwave at all any time soon if that attitude towards animation continues as the general norm, that's all I know. The animation tools outside of lightwave are just too good to pass up. My point being, I wouldn't take the time to import animation into LW if I wanted to use Vray. I'd by Vray for my animation package of choice.
    Good choice I think. Animation is very complex and besides the programming involved to improve animation in lw there's the workflow. Its going to take lw several years to improve the animation but hopefully after unification because switching from modeller to layout back to back for weight painting, adjusting morph, etc, tedious.

A renderer plugin vray, kray, etc, must be simpler to implement for lw than an animation overhaul. Definitely simpler to implement than something like motionbuilder or character studio within lw.

There are only foruns for Vray to Max, Vray to Maya, Vray to Rhino,Vray to Xsi...

No general discussion foruns and my permission at subscribe is only to view.

If only a little people take the support ticket by e-mail, they will continue to send the same commercial answer they do for years.

There's almost 5 years I ask Chaosgroup for a VRay plugin for lightwave and during these period they have announced but never done.

Need to check if VRay standalone is still on and if does it import FBX and Collada then. If not I will need Max or Maya to access VRay.
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

Silvio, i know.
    That's why i think NT can have a role here: if they write them officially to investigate feasibility or precise needs, i dont think Chaos will answer with a "demo" email.

Paolo

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your interest in V-Ray.
    However at the moment we refrain from providing any information about our plans for future developments.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support request and responses.

http://support.chaosgroup.com/view.p...l.com&t=507430

Marta Kruneva
    Technical Support Department
    Chaos Group
    tel: +359 2 422 422 1
    tel: +359 2 489 44 86
    fax: +1 818 4751567
    www.chaosgroup.com

Quote Originally Posted by ben martin View Post
    However at the moment we refrain from providing any information about our plans for future developments.
    Now, this Thread can be closed in 3-2-1

now, this answer makes clear why NT could move something we users cant move.

Paolo

yes, might be an idea...

still, like i said, get the 100 LW people to join the Chaosgroup forum... (!)

 
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Just joined.

I've always thought the end result of a VRay render reminds me of over a decade ago, when I thought Lightwave's renders were top notch. Still think so (about Lightwave), but VRay just looks perfect today. Can't say Newtek could not do the same. It's just a matter of time and energy. I hope we do it.
    "Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement, then one can use the statement and not have to have the fear of changing behavior." - Ed Catmull on Pixar creativity

again ? It's not a matter of how good LW is. Kray is excellent. Even if LW got to Vray level, the whole thing is mostly industry standard. It's about the fact that a studio like mine CAN actually stay on LW or is forced to jump to Max. That's the main thing about this.

Paolo

But the animation and dynamics tools are a factor for why people don't use LW. Even rendering animation and other FX is a completely different ballgame between the renderers.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast