View Poll Results: So who will really buy Vray?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a freelance and I can buy Vray immediately.

54 30.00%
  • I am a freelance and I would love to buy it ... but... i probably can't at this price or not now.

40 22.22%
  • The company I work for wants (and can) buy Vray.

33 18.33%
  • We don't need Vray.

67 37.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: how will buy Vray for lightwave?

how will buy Vray for lightwave?

sorry, i mean 'Who' not 'How'...so..

This is not another 'we need Vray' thread.

I though this is a very true status which need a poll:

Quote Originally Posted by Celshader View Post
    A bigger question is whether enough LightWavers would purchase a $1000+ render engine plug-in for LightWave.

• suggested price of V-Ray 2.0 is: 970 Euro /1350 USD / 840 GBP
    • approximative .5 upgrade price: 400 Euro/ 550 USD/ 340 GBP

Please, put a real answer.
    Last edited by papou; 02-18-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: i can't edit the title!! arg, i mean WHO not HOW...

Since I use LW at work, and freelance, (difference licenses and uses) I have put two answers - (one positive, one neg) ..
    Model: MacBook Pro 10.6.4 - 2.66 GHz - 4GB - NVD GF GT 330M
    Render: Win7 64 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 8GB

Thanks for this kind of Pole thread papou.

I am interested in Vray+LW. I can afford easy $1000+ for that render engine plug-in. Is worths for my business.

Quote Originally Posted by BERSEKAEL View Post
    Thanks for this kind of Pole thread papou.

I am interested in Vray+LW. I can afford easy $1000+ for that render engine plug-in. Is worths for my business.
    +1, me too
    my website: www.andymeyer.ch
    Supermicro 7047A-T/X9DAi: dual E5-2687 8C/16T @3.1ghz | 64GB Ram | nVidia GTX680-4gb (301.42) | Win7 64 Bit (SP1) |
    display 30"+30"+22" | 13 rendernodes, 54 cores

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Meyer View Post
    +1, me too
    Same here, already got Vray at work, so if there would be a way to translate easily without exporting to different apps, I would pay for that.

Thank you for this Pole "papou", this should have been started years ago!
    It's a bit pricy for me, but if we could have something integrated as well as
    vray for 3ds (or maxwell for lw), I would buy it.

Hope it will show that the Lightwave community is a real market for Chaos Group and
    that there is some serious cash to make for the developers of such a plugin!

Are you really asking "who will buy it?" (implying it's coming) or "who would buy it" (if it ever did)? Personally I don't think we need it. If not the built in LW renderer, there's already Kray.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

imho our native renderer + Kray is not shabby at all, quite the contrary.
    Yet I did vote for "The company I work for wants (and can) buy Vray", since we probably would.

Options aren't bad.. though in the case of LW, the native renderer seems important to the package
    Personally, I'd prefer NT to have a kick *** native renderer that can sort of keep up and price LW accordingly.
    Last edited by Hieron; 02-19-2012 at 04:30 PM.

+1 for me. The render result should be on par with 3D MAX. Apparently the sketch up rendered images is not the same quality as the one in 3D MAX.

I had VRay for Caligari's TrueSpace, cost me €150 if I recall. I would love to have it for Lightwave but as a home hobbyist I can't afford that price .
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

I said I would buy it at that price but not now, meaning I'd have it on my list and work towards buying it when the money was there. I feel it's something we really gotta have. I'd rather have that than LW 11 even.

Same here, I am buying some Vray for Sketchup for now, instead of upgrading LW, who knows we could have Vray for LW one day.

Price point is important, of course, but I would try to access it as soon as it was available.

But, I've heard really good things about the LW 11 render engine, so I need to see that in action first.
    "Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement, then one can use the statement and not have to have the fear of changing behavior." - Ed Catmull on Pixar creativity

I´m pretty happy to see that almost a third of the users so far, share my opinion on Lightwave doesn´t needing Vray for anything at all....
    3d animation? Hah! Did you take a look through your window?there´s plenty of it...and pre-rendered!!

Well thats true, at least we know a third part of LW users don't need realistic/fast/and good AA renders at all, and sad at the same time.

I am still keeping my hope on Vray+LW one day (since LW 8), or at least better tools to export my LW models into some other packages to render, LW is for far the best modeler. However free Sketchup/Blender + Vray are good options for serious viz stills, and keep modeling in LW.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast