Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vray for Lightwave

Vray for Lightwave

By any change?

Chaos Group have no plans currently from what I understand.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Is Newtek interested in Vray?

It's not really a matter of interest on our part, it's up to them to want to develop VRay for LightWave. If they are, we're completely willing to aid them in their endeavour, as we did with Kray and FPrime.

Personally, I would love to see it being developed for LightWave, as it can attract people to the platform. But let's not forget, many feel that the LightWave render engine is quite capable also. Even more so in LightWave 11.
    Last edited by Matt; 02-17-2012 at 06:18 PM.

I disagree on that capability part... how ever LW is one of my favorite softwares, just wishing on that upgrade.

I mailed to Chaos Group and Newtek asking about that:

Chaos Group:
    "There is no V-Ray version for LW currently available.Unfortunately we can not provide any further information at this point.
    Please check our website regularly for any updates on the subject.In case V-Ray for LW is being developed it will be officially announced."

Newtek:
    "Thank you for contacting NewTek Customer Support. This is only a confirmation that your inquiry has been recieved. An analyst will be providing a response to your message. Should you wish to provide additonal information please include your case number in the subject line of your email."

we will see tomorrow, at least we got 1 side anwsered

Quote Originally Posted by BERSEKAEL View Post
    I disagree on that capability part
    Many people don't, including all those using LightWave in productions such as Iron Sky and Terra Nova (which could have gone Vray, but didn't because the LightWave renders were preferred - true story).

Newtek:
    "Thank you for contacting NewTek Customer Support. This is only a confirmation that your inquiry has been recieved. An analyst will be providing a response to your message. Should you wish to provide additonal information please include your case number in the subject line of your email."

we will see tomorrow, at least we got 1 side anwsered
    There is little point in emailing Customer Support on this issue, it is not within their remit to decide features for LightWave. So I wouldn't expect an answer on that. Customer Support is for technical issues.

As I say, it's up to THEM, not us, to decide whether Vray comes to LightWave.

Is all right Matt, I just want facts to be able to decide what to do in a near future. Sadly I wont upgrade to LW 11 looks like I will upgrade in some other ways.

Are enough LightWavers interested in VRay?

Is Newtek interested in Vray?
    A bigger question is whether enough LightWavers would purchase a $1000+ render engine plug-in for LightWave.
    Jen's 3D -- LightWave stuff.
    Jen's 2D -- my comic book.

Python is my smashing board. LightWave is my S.M.A.K.

Is there any way to create a pole thread? so we could have some idea. I know lot of people around me (ex LW users) already in 3d studio just cuz vray

long thread already here http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....highlight=vray why split it up?
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

Quote Originally Posted by Celshader View Post
    A bigger question is whether enough LightWavers would purchase a $1000+ render engine plug-in for LightWave.
    $500 for standalone :]
    LW / Kray can't match V-ray quality afaik, though cheats can be used.
    Matt, you have to remember Terranova and Iron Sky basically is exterior renders, which is way more easy.
    At times it gets close, but it's more work when doing interiors. (have to admit my renders are way betters these days though because of "sRGB" and tonemapping, the new reflection blur in LW11 is also very welcome)
    (don't forget to use great textures)

my hint, if you want cheap Vray quality interior renders, buy Octane. (great quality, maybe even better than Vray)
    (but it's not animation friendly, and can't cut the rendertime like Vray for interiors) superb quality/speed for exterior animation though, but will get problems if the scene is too polygon heavy.

a LW/Vray solution is to import LW anims into Blender, and buy the Vray standalone for $500.

 
    Last edited by erikals; 02-18-2012 at 07:12 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Is there any way to create a pole thread? so we could have some idea. I know lot of people around me (ex LW users) already in 3d studio just cuz vray
    have done one:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=125936

$1000 is cheaper than buying softimage, maya or max without Vray. Then you have to purchase Vray lol.

http://www.kraytracing.com/joomla/gallery

Once V Ray/Chaosgroup is not interested, time to try K ray .
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

I rather move to any package that allows V-ray that keep rendering in LW, and I found 3ds max really good for that, my modelings goes from LW through DAE format (just keep in mind each material in a layer to not generate multimaterial), plus the 3d model collections I found in Evermotion are perfect for my archiviz renders.

Cheers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast