Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: lw 11 trial?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Harris View Post
    So now that I've registered as LW 3d instead of LW Trial, I cannot re-register the same serial number? How do I get it un-registered to start again? Without phoning USA from hre in the UK that is? Will [email protected] respond to an email?
    It's just bloody stupid that we have to go through this every time. People moan about Adobe etc. but Newtek must get the award for most pain in the a*** customer relations. Just do it right Newtek, it can't possibly be that hard!! Next time, when you say you're releasing it, then release it.. or just don't say. Make it a dongle free simple install (fat chance) and make it so us Europeans can just buy it and download it and not have to wait for flippin' dvd's for chrissakes... If only I could get my money back!
    Yay! It's out, downloaded, registered and working! All is forgiven. What a lovely company Newtek is!!

Sent an email to [email protected], waiting for reply regarding the trial.

I think everyone... INCLUDING me, is registering the trial for version 9. I just did it by accident, so my key doesn't work (obviously)... and now cannot register for another trial version because I've used the trial key!!

Now, I have to try and get that key removed from v9 so I can try with v11. (This is my work license... I've got v11 at home, but want to show the guys here the cool stuff)
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Ok, I'm giving up no-one @ CS gives a monkey *** bout my email sent yesterday, eh whatever.

Eh. FiberFX is a total no-go with this thing.
    Not only won't it render, but it spikes the CPU to 100% if I simply try to move or rotate the befurred object. If I deactivate FF, moving objects and stuff works as expected - except for the half-minute delay when clicking CONTINUE after a render.
    I don't have LW 10 for comparison of its Fibers.
    Is this happening to anyone else?

customer service WILL get back to you. Kat got back to me earlier today I'm just waiting for an e-mail with a new serial.
    It will possibly go faster if you include the Serial Number Lightwave generates when you run it ( the number from the splash screen ),
    and the license newtek originally generated when you logged into your account.

I think the delay is a combination of the Three Day Weekend here in the US and what is apparently a widespread problem with the registration system!
    I got the FF to render using the remove then reload trick but surely what renders cant be what the original intent was? thats no way to showcase anything if it is...

- Will.
    "All those with Psychokinesis, raise my hand."
    - The Doctor.
    The Room With No Doors
    by Kate Orman.

Quote Originally Posted by -FP- View Post
    Eh. FiberFX is a total no-go with this thing.
    Not only won't it render, but it spikes the CPU to 100% if I simply try to move or rotate the befurred object. If I deactivate FF, moving objects and stuff works as expected - except for the half-minute delay when clicking CONTINUE after a render.
    I don't have LW 10 for comparison of its Fibers.
    Is this happening to anyone else?
    What scenes are you rendering with? Your own? The NT ones are messed up for some reason. My scenes have been working ok.

(wrong area)
    Last edited by jwiede; 02-22-2012 at 02:35 AM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

I got fracture to work on Mac. including saving the scene, etc.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

We're aware of a FiberFX bug that for some reason couldn't be fixed before final release (sorry about that).
    At the moment if you use Edit Guides and save the scene, when you reload you got no fibers in the render.
    This problem is already been fixed, and we're doing our best to get you an update of the software (which should also fix several other minor bugs) very soon.
    Lino Grandi

3D Artist at OTOY

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwestmas View Post
    What scenes are you rendering with? Your own? The NT ones are messed up for some reason. My scenes have been working ok.
    I'm using the provided scenes. They are uncooperative. I haven't tried starting a a FiberFX scene from scratch yet.

Lino Grandi seems to have answered the question. FiberFX needs a fix. Will there be an 11.1 demo with fully functioning fibers?

second day gone of the trial and the CS is silent, you should change the name of that email to info, cause the customer service it ain't...

Quote Originally Posted by -FP- View Post
    I'm using the provided scenes. They are uncooperative. I haven't tried starting a a FiberFX scene from scratch yet.

Lino Grande seems to have answered the question. FiberFX needs a fix. Will there be an 11.1 demo with fully functioning fibers?
    In answer to your issue with the 'Continue' screen being up for aaaages after a render... have you tried just clicking and then moving the mouse? I found that sometimes if I click continue and leave the mouse stationary, the dialogue box never goes away!
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

I also messed up the registration, I think partly because at a glance the list appears to be alphabetically ordered.

My eyes automatically hopped to the middle, where it says Lightwave 3D, not realising the two weird anomalous Lightwave options unalphabetically sandwiched between Accesory Pack and DataLink.

I know it's not a big thing but I can see why there'd be so many excited misclicks, if those're the only two not listed in the same manner as the rest.

Going to have to wait for CS now, I suppose

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast