Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightwave Artists needed for pilot project

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kopperdrake View Post
    I could do it for $10.

The only problem is I'm a cabbage sat in a field.

On my arse.

That made me laugh.

edit...
    Last edited by Waves of light; 02-10-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Come on people. Isn't that enough with the negative comments?

If you find the offer insulting or rediculous just ignore the thread. But "dog piling" with negativity doesn't reflect well on the LW community.

Besides, for all of your laughter this person might find someone in Indonesia or India that is willing to do the work for the amount offered.

A little professional decorum if you please.

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter2999 View Post
    Come on people. Isn't that enough with the negative comments?

If you find the offer insulting or rediculous just ignore the thread. But "dog piling" with negativity doesn't reflect well on the LW community.

Besides, for all of your laughter this person might find someone in Indonesia or India that is willing to do the work for the amount offered.

A little professional decorum if you please.
    Yer, fair enough.

I'm sure there will be someone willing to do it at that price and what with the growing number of wannabe CG artists living in the aforementioned countries.

Professionalism back on.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter2999 View Post
    ...Besides, for all of your laughter this person might find someone in Indonesia or India that is willing to do the work for the amount offered...
    I hope so, some smart kid maybe. $100 would be good.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

borkalork BORKALORK! biliousfrog's Avatar
    I restrained myself from replying initially. The pricing is very poor but the OP has been very up front with it and, unlike some of these offers, is actually offering payment. If I was unemployed and looking for animation work I'd consider it. $100 might be a tiny amount for the work involved but it beats $0 for a portfolio piece that you've been working on for months and will never finish. Think of it as a good-will gesture, some groceries and some name-dropping on your portfolio/resume.

For the OP I'd like to offer a brilliant quote I read recently:

‎"If you think that it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur" - Paul Neal (Red Adair)

If someone already has one of the autoriggers (maestro or rhiggit) then the rigging portion of the job is pretty much taken care of.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

These are the kinds of responses I'd expect to see on an AD forum, not the LW forum. Very sad. Good luck to the OP.

I wish I knew how to rig.

That's a good point. Probably would only need Rhiggit and then add a few bone chains if there is a tail or other bits. Then endomorphs for some subtle deforms.

Screen credit is such a misunderstood type of currency in our days...
    Stupid me, if I went for it every time I was offered screen credit in return for my indefinite amount of work, I would be rich and retired by now with my house and kids college paid for.

I saw this job post somewhere else. The final is not just a rigged character. The final is a 6-10 second animation in hd video. I'm not going to comment on the budget but its not only a rigging job for 100USD.
    Btw you can't distribute rhiggit rigs freely according to the eula unless the other party has a legit copy of rhiggit.
    Maestro won't work either without the other party having the plugin, so you need to buy it too.

Quote Originally Posted by geo_n View Post
    I saw this job post somewhere else. The final is not just a rigged character. The final is a 6-10 second animation in hd video. I'm not going to comment on the budget but its not only a rigging job for 100USD.
    Btw you can't distribute rhiggit rigs freely according to the eula unless the other party has a legit copy of rhiggit.
    Maestro won't work either without the other party having the plugin, so you need to buy it too.
    Rhiggit is a set of scripts that is owned by Rebelhill which is separate from the Rig. The Rig itself can be distributed without license because it is built entirely out of native tools and does not need RebelHill's scripts in order to render the animation on another machine without the scripts. Unless the rules have changed since Rhiggit Lite was released, but that's my understanding.

Not to mention any animation can be baked to MDD.
    Last edited by jasonwestmas; 02-24-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwestmas View Post
    Rhiggit is a set of scripts that is owned by Rebelhill which is separate from the Rig. The Rig itself can be distributed without license because it is built entirely out of native tools and does not need RebelHill's scripts in order to render the animation on another machine without the scripts. Unless the rules have changed since Rhiggit Lite was released, but that's my understanding.

Not to mention any animation can be baked to MDD.
    Better to read the eula again because that's what I read with the lite version. The final rig is native lw but the rig itself is designed by rebelhill and he owns the right to its design. Not sure maybe something did change recently. Better ask him then

My License says this:

"Your RHiggit lite licence therefore allows you to use RHiggit Lite for personal use, and commercial use as a sole, independent, freelance artist, or for a single artist only working in a larger studio.

"The sharing or sale of rigs produced with the toolset, is covered by the same conditions. Rigs may be shared freely with anyone, or sold as prerigged characters, provided that the seller is a lone, independent artist."

RHiggit! Lite License terms.

"Long and short".

This Single license of the RHiggit! Lite tools grants you the following usage rights, and restrictions.

Up to 1 (one) maximum users.

This license restricts use of the tools, and the rigs created to 1 (one) physical location, or one physical computer/user commuting between locations.

For use at additional locations/users, you should upgrade to a RHiggit Pro license.

Rigs created with these tools, and accompanying scripts may NOT be distributed in any fashion outside of this physical location. This includes posting rigged characters as "free stuff", or the sale of pre-rigged characters.

Rigs MAY be distributed to offsite animators ("freelancers") SOLELY provided that they also own at least one license of these tools also (and are themselves bound by the same terms).

So the eula is different between pro and lite.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast