Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upgrading

upgrading

just wondering where i go to get my lightwave manuals and cd's when itsout - do it go tot myorigianl supplier or do i purchase them direct from newtek? would really like to know since well not go the best internet connection so i would rather get the cd's and manauls sent out pretty quick when it does ship

From what I saw when I prepurchased is that there will be a convienance pack being sold for $99.00 US for the CDs and hard copy manuals.
    "The dream is in the music and life is in the dance. Don't stop believin'" - Journey

I'd like to know that the manuals will be a little better if I'm going to pay an extra $100 for them.

Yeah I second that, doesn't cost $99 to burn a CD.
    ImageReality.com

"Relax...it's just an update for the patch to fix the nerf that nerfed the fix for the update of the patch that broke the fix that was fixed."

Late 2013 MacPro 12 Core

i think the manuals will be greatly improved..i heard a while back that they are working on them..we might even get a tutorial section /manual as well as the reference book...which would def be worth $99.

also the content on lightwave 8 has been replaced i hear with ALL NEW objects and scenes to showcase the new app which will be great...not sure if you can download that or if the electronic version is only the app from newtek...so the $99 extra may be a great way to upgrade and get real substance to lightwave 8.
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Originally posted by hrgiger
    I'd like to know that the manuals will be a little better if I'm going to pay an extra $100 for them.
    I guess they will supply a PDF manual. I would like to have a paper manual, but i very rarely use mine now, so i won't bother with the paper one until i see if there is any improvement in it.
    Amleto Network Renderer

I guess that's true, I'll be able to judge from the pdf manual. However, I read my hardcopies all the time, or at least I used to until my manual fell apart. Now it's just a pain. I hate reading such a large manual on the computer screen. I spend enough time looking at it as is.

I quite like the HTML help system Newtek released with 7.5c. I tend to use that more than the manuals. At least it's easily searchable.
    Amleto Network Renderer

All new content that is amazing! and the Help file will be updated to LW8 which I use on a daily basis

Proton,

Do you know if there has been any updates to the SDK documentation for LW8?
    Amleto Network Renderer

Originally posted by proton
    All new content that is amazing! and the Help file will be updated to LW8 which I use on a daily basis
    Will there be less data in the download deal then on cd?
    just wonder if there is a difference between the two possibilities.
    I have a really fast connection so I wanted to get the download deal as itīs cheaper, but I wouldnīt like to miss the cool new stuff including scenes and objects. could someon from Newtek put some light on that issue? pleeeeease.

Originally posted by hrgiger
    I guess that's true, I'll be able to judge from the pdf manual. However, I read my hardcopies all the time, or at least I used to until my manual fell apart. Now it's just a pain. I hate reading such a large manual on the computer screen. I spend enough time looking at it as is.
    The only time I read the hardcopies is in the bathroom..
    I guess its tagged huh?

That's where 3 monitors comes in handy.
    2 for LW, and one for the help file.
    I've only had multiple monitors for less than a week, and already I am hooked.

Originally posted by MrWyatt
    Will there be less data in the download deal then on cd?
    just wonder if there is a difference between the two possibilities.
    I have a really fast connection so I wanted to get the download deal as itīs cheaper, but I wouldnīt like to miss the cool new stuff including scenes and objects. could someon from Newtek put some light on that issue? pleeeeease.

It will be a hefty Download but you wont miss out on anything

thanks for clearing up the question on the download vs the disc/printed manual...

looking forward to taking lw8's new ik etc for a spin!

cheers
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast