Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SpeedEDIT™ 2.5 Software Update Now Available for Free Download

Hi Guys, I did the update to 2.5 and now the Transitions folder is empty??? The 3D, Fades, Trajectories, and Wipes folders are there but they are empty?

Any ideas what hapend?
    SpeedEdit2
    Dell XPS8300 i7 core AMD6700 graphics 12gb ram
    LG BluRay burrner
    Amiga 4000D VT Flyer in tower
    JVC Digital S BR-D85U
    Sony EVO9850, Panasonic AG7150

You're not the only one

Been a few posts about that recently, but I don't think the guys who have suffered have posted how they handled it...

Once again as I have stated before, I'll wait until the basic bugs are fixed before I up grade my SE2 to SE2.5 or any other update. I'm very happy with my SE2. Don't get me wrong, I love Newtek and have been dedicated user since the Amiga days, but it just amazes me how the most basic functions seem to have major problems on updates. It's like not proof reading a report you are about to give to your boss. But it's probably time to realize NT is busy with live production devices and not too worried about the post production end any more.
    www.VisionTecVideo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley Eugenius View Post
    Been a few posts about that recently, but I don't think the guys who have suffered have posted how they handled it...
    Hmmm, Ok well I hope this is fixable otherwise Im going to gave to reinstall the original Kind of hard to edit if there are no transitions.
    SpeedEdit2
    LG BluRay burrner
    JVC Digital S BR-D85U

I'm just guessing here, but is there a chance the install dumped your transitions?
    Should be easy to install those from the disk. Just guessing though as our update didn't remove our transitions.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

I will check that when I get home but If memory serves I cant view individual files as its a package install file
    SpeedEdit2
    LG BluRay burrner
    JVC Digital S BR-D85U

speed edit update

is it also for speed edit comes with tricastor 850?

I have updated 850 to rev 4, now speed edit freezes when loading .mpg clip

any suggestion?

So has anyone found the fix to not having the SD DVE in 2.5
    www.VisionTecVideo.com

I should have listen to myself and my previous posting. I had some down time last night and tried to install SE2.5. Downloaded just fine, and opened just fine, dual monitor just fine....however, between the CG not being "safe zone" preset not a default, nor does the center screen tool of CG work and the SD DVEs disappearing ( I still have plenty of SD customers) I once again have been forced to returned to the nicely functioning SE2.0...still love you NT just a bit frustrating that's all.
    www.VisionTecVideo.com

There's nothing changed in the safe area overlays as far as I know. The downloads don't include the DVE's simply because the download would be far too large if it did. The DVE's haven't changed, so I'd think you've already got them.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

The safe area is still there. However, the CG is not in scale with the what the output is. The CG defaults well outside the safe area. When I click the tool to center my CG it doesn't. The SD DVEs folders are empty when opened, so if they are still in the system they are hidden somewhere...the "transition folder" has the fade etc transitions but I am not able to change their default, also the "tool shed" seems not to work with them. I do a lot of editing of consumer SD tapes for customers and convert them to standard DVD. 99.9% of the transitions used are "fades" and it's nice to edit (with razor) and then add the "fade to black" to just one edit and have the "tool shed" ad the other transitions for me.

Again I want to repeat, I'm very happy with my SE2.0, but when there is an "update" that is suppose to improve things, it should improve what is improved but not harm other important aspects of the program.
    www.VisionTecVideo.com

I don't think the upgrade installer removes the DVE's you already had installed , but you may need to re-link the file browser 'favorites' button to wherever you have them installed.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks for the responses. I've already re-installed SE2.0 and will just continue using it with great satisfaction, until the next, if there is one, version of SE is released. I've not had any problems with SE2.0 in SD or HD. My HD work is pretty much just the professional video I personally shoot in MTS HD format and I get my transitions from a 3rd party for my HD projects....
    www.VisionTecVideo.com

Upgrade from 1.5 to 2.5?

I still have version 1.5 can I upgrade to 2.5 using the free download?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast