Thread: Have you moved on to a new/different editor?

Have you moved on to a new/different editor?

If so, to what and why?
    Doug

Overall, yes. For all my new stuff, I use Premiere (eh) or Vegas, but whenever I need old SD\firewire stuff, I use my SE 1.5. Wont move over til I get 64bit, multicam or at least, interpolated slo mo.

Blog Entries
    At the moment, no. I still use SpeedEDIT.

For my needs it still satisfies my requirements and I still find it fun to use.

I don't think SpeedEDIT (or any other editor) is going to be all things to all men, but for those who are prepared to put the time and effort in to discovering and working with it's strengths I believe they will find it very useful.

As I say, it's not perfect. But it is still very good.

have Final Cut Pro on the list...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Well now the SE 2.5 is available to download , I decided to get it and finally say goodbye to VT5 (sniff, sniff).

I tried numerous trial versions and immediately hated most of them for their clunky interfaces and a lack of storyboard. The closest I could find that had a breath of similarity to SE was the simplistic and limited consumer based Avid/Pinnacle Studio.
    Doug

S.E. 2.5, and about to refire up the VT-5 although I also have adobe stuff, prefer S.E.
    Hope that NT will come up with a new 64bit version that can handle Red files when I make the move to REDCINEMA DSMC.