Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Lucas Retires

Quote Originally Posted by bobakabob View Post
    LOL. Perhaps there are a few too many too many posters who've forgotten they're not six anymore. I recently invested in a box DVD set of Lost in Space. Fond memories and occasional flashes of 60s sci-fi magic inevitably clashed with jaded disappointment. Still I'll never forget that exhilerating childhood inspiration.
    Did you ever see the made for tv star wars mini-movies/episodes. My favorite is the Star Wars Holiday special...read about here...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sta...oliday_Special

Lightwave Muddler... wrightyp100's Avatar
    I'm still six. Although I did have that crushing dissapointment when I bought Neverending story on DVD. Contender for crapest movie ever. Although the only scene that save sit is where the horse dissapears into the bog. Tear jerker!

But, this is exciting! Harry Plinketts review of STPM IN THRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE DEEEEEEEEEEE

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...tom-menace-3d/

How it was meant to be seen.
    I am the Keeper Of The Cheese!

My Youtube Channel! Enjoyhttp://www.youtube.com/user/wrightyp100?feature=mhum

Also, check out my film Production Website.

http://www.trifectafilms.co.uk

too funny....
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

He has a lot of money and can do the films he want without the big companies. Or does he want the big companies takes the risk for him?

No sense saying will leave the industry.

But yeah, USA is still the biggest racist country in the world and this is no more related to the skin colour but it's related to money. Sorry to say that american friends.
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

NP I'm pretty sure I can find dirt in any country. ^.^ And I think the correct word is Bigotry. You'll find that anywhere you go.
    Last edited by jasonwestmas; 02-21-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silviotoledo View Post
    But yeah, USA is still the biggest racist country in the world and this is no more related to the skin colour but it's related to money. Sorry to say that american friends.
    Really? I'm not american, but I have to question the validity of that view. In your country, are paupers greeted with the same enthusiasm as the very rich? Do the doormen on 5 star hotels treat them with obsequiousness? Do bankers pull out their chairs, light their cigars and generally treat them like royalty? Does the populace frequently ignore expensive election campaigns and elect humble individuals without powerful backers? Do the churches spurn the criminally rich, decline to eulogize them, or do they greedily accept their largesse? Do everyday heroes (teachers, paramedics, police) get the same adulation from adoring fans as do movie stars and the glitterati?

I'm not defending an existing worldwide system that favors the rich to extravagant excess; I'm just pointing out that it is certainly far from being unique to america. Nor do I think it's much different there than in Botswana or Brazil, Canada or Chile, Italy or India, Monaco or Mozambique, Russia or Rwanda, Zambia or ... Xanadu.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by silviotoledo View Post
    Massive thread derail. US has a fractured society, but it's no more racist than others I've visited. What you might perceive as racism is more a general distrust of "outsiders". It's a very insular society on the whole. Anyway, let's not get into generalisations. It'd be like me saying all Brazilians are loudmouths!
    Dan Sollis : Independent CGI Designer & compositor
    Digital Distortion : Post Production for Film and Television
    http://www.digitaldistortion.net

http://www.londonlightwave.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Really? I'm not american,
    I thought you were north american.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwestmas View Post
    I thought you were north american.
    Yes, and I thought about that when framing my sentence, but it just seems to confuse people. Like many other words and expressions, "american" has devolved into something more limited in the minds of many, and one tires of having to explain. (A similar case is the genealogically incorrect but nevertheless deeply ingrained use of the term "anti-semitic" ... but let's not hijack this thread any further).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

ok, I apologize for the lettering. Is really a global problem. Peace!

Cinema use to explore controversy. Maybe that's the reason Lucas is marketing his film using the fact other studios didn't finance. Well, let's see if, in the current period of less ignorance and more respect for human rights, at least in most developed countries, the film from Lucas ends up doing good box office and helping to reduce social differences generated in the legacy of years of racial malice.

And hope Lucas will back with some creative ideas. If he is pulling out maybe he's predicting the end of the major distributors as the best business and the beginning of a new kind of market.
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

next time, please reflect more on what you write before you post it.
    thanks.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Oh. If I reflect so much I'd be using Blender 4 years before. heheh
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

Meh..Lucas wont retire from creating movies....He's just trying to go independant....whether or not he'll get some creativity back, we'll see. If the prequels and Indy-4...and the rerereleasing of Star Wars in three-dee are any indiciation, I wont hold my breath.

I'll see Red Tails when it gets to tv..looks ok, just not enough to make me want to pay theatre prices to see it.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

I was going to say re: Silvio comment - you would have to have visited every single country and see for yourself if that which you speak of exists there and to what degree greater than your own country, in order to use such a huge paintbrush against us overhere.

Not that it is entirely related but since we are so OT
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/479582.stm

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitive View Post
    I was going to say re: Silvio comment - you would have to have visited every single country and see for yourself if that which you speak of exists there and to what degree greater than your own country, in order to use such a huge paintbrush against us overhere.

Not that it is entirely related but since we are so OT
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/479582.stm
    I've been around. We look bad on the outside...
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011