Thread: Speededit why not on newtek website

Speededit why not on newtek website

Is Newtek still developing SpeedEdit? there website makes very little mention of it...thinking of buying another version (got VT4 & SE) but concerned im investing into something that is not aggressively being upgraded etc..

You won't be investing, then.
    Robert Wilson
    i-7-4770k @3.5ghz, Titan, GTX 1660 Ti, et al

Well, ive ordered it, just feels like SpeedEdit isnt being pushed...whats the story do you know? thanks

Good for you.

No.
    Robert Wilson
    i-7-4770k @3.5ghz, Titan, GTX 1660 Ti, et al

Mediakitchen,

The question about the absence of SE on the NT website has been asked and met with pretty much silence from NT. No one knows what their future plans are at the moment.

However, there have been good indications that there may be a pending update to SE coming. So all we can do is either hang in there or, as some have done, move on.

The main question is: does it do the job you need it to do? It does for me, personally. If you feel that you will get your money back with quick turnaround on jobs and be more productive, then you've made a good choice. If you want the latest and greatest, with updates coming every 6 months, then SE may not be the tool of choice.

SE is just the editor bundled with the Tricaster that NT peeled off to offer as a standalone product to their user base. But it's a damn good quick cutting editor and I'm glad I had the opportunity to own it because it has made me money. I am also glad I didn't have to buy a TC to get it.

Other than that, I wouldn't expect too much from NT on this front. They are busy with other priorities. My guess is that as long as SE is tied to the Tricaster then SE will be supported by NT. Just don't expect it to be on their front burner.

Good luck with your future projects and may success always be at your door.
    Last edited by lcress; 01-20-2012 at 12:04 PM.

site

from home, go to store and scroll down through products.
    Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

My impression NT is only really concentrating on the "live production" product, Tricaster.
    I'm thinking NT thinks that's where the monopoly is now, since there are so many editing products out there, but few live production products for streaming that matches Tricaster price and quality.
    www.VisionTecVideo.com