Thread: DVD Architect

DVD Architect

Does anyone know what video and audio format DVD architect uses out of Speededit so it doesn't have to recompress?

LightWave Fan Boi
    Blog Entries
    On the assumption that you're trying to get the best image quality for your DVDs, take a look at my post which may help you.

http://forums.newtek.com/showpost.ph...17&postcount=6

Shabazzy

DVD Architect uses Main Concept. My experience has been the size of the file is the determining factor regarding recompression. I just authored a program of 1 hour, 21 minutes on both DVDit and DVD Architect. The show had to be squeezed down to 7000 mps on both to fit. The show was shot in HD and rendered in SD. I'm not ecstatic about either one at the moment due to the recompression.

Nice Machine If You Can Get It

Not that anyone else is going to have a workflow like mine - I have the most Arcane jerkaround conglomeration of software & hardware, but I get exquisite DVD encoding results by resorting to a RealTime Hardware encoder, the Pioneer LX-1. I render HD out of SE to an OPPO DVD player, which plays files accessed over network (BTW, don't ever buy an OPPO) and record them into the LX-1 Harddrive, trim them and then export them as VOBs for export.
    Every software possibility i ever explored gave me inferior quality encodings of various styles of difficulty, until I played an Component HD-file straight into the LX-1. Beautiful.

Then I have to use 2 crowbars and a shoehorn to get the VOBs out over FTP into an authoring program, which will leave the VOBs alone qualitywise while it puts them into new menus, all of which is pretty painful, but it's the sacrifice I make for great looking movie files.

I just have not found any software suite that makes Decent encodings from any source material once I looked at the LX-1 products.

I hate that truth too, I wish to God I could do it in software.

The Ever Curious George Merick1209's Avatar
    When I use DVD Arch, I end up rendering a .avi (DV Type 2) and throwing it in there. DVD Arch doesn't seem to mind it too much. I don't lose as much quality and it's faster than exporting an .mp2 and re-encoding in the Arch.

I have noticed that if you install SE after installing Sony Vegas, the codecs appear as rendering options in SE - unfortunately SE realizes they are foreign and won't use the MainConcept codec
    Violence is never the answer. Unless the question is "What is never the answer?" ... and then it is.

With DVD Architect, you do not need to render the video out of SpeedEdit. Just 'save as' .avi and render the audio sepperately. Load these files into DVDArchitect and burn a disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley Eugenius View Post
    Then I have to use 2 crowbars and a shoehorn to get the VOBs out over FTP into an authoring program, which will leave the VOBs alone qualitywise while it puts them into new menus, all of which is pretty painful, but it's the sacrifice I make for great looking movie files.
    Hey Mutley,

Which authoring program are you using? The reason I ask is I have a Panasonic real time DVD encoder that I have been archiving old footage to. It would be really handy to just bring in the vob's and create some custom disks of my old footage.

I really don't want to convert the vob's to something else just to import into Encore and have it re-encode and crush the video again. Not to mention that's pretty time consuming for a personal project.
    Last edited by lcress; 02-02-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Once I restructured a DVD with Nero Vision. Seemed to work OK, but a very sluggish interface and editing those VOB's is like using a big axe on a loaf of bread.