Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vid I made in Speed Edit

Vid I made in Speed Edit

Well Since this forum is slowly dying and I just uploaded a video I made to Youtube last night I thought I would post it here for you all to hate :-)

I Edited it with Speed Edit and also with a little Lightwave, Fusion and Syntheyes and probably PhotoShop I cant remember.

I made this video for my 10 year reunion a few years back. Now the concept I had for this was --- Imagine looking through an old box of VHS tapes and you find your old HS graduation tape you pop it in to watch it but something things off and then it turns into a Reunion video--

Its 25 minutes kinda long but I feel it flows well. I was trying to get a generic HS vibe when I was making it so anyone could watch it. Anyway love to know what you guys think if you can make it through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhfaWF9_6Q0

if you cant take it the 3 minute mark is when it gets interesting
    Last edited by Whelkn; 12-29-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Sir. That was something else. I watched it from beginning to the end and thought that you must have brought the house down when you showed it at your reunion.

Brilliant job.

Thanks man. Ya it went over pretty well. Thanks for watching it. I was thinking it was too long for people on the internet to watch but figured I would post it anyway.

good stuff. Because of you , I just uploaded something I threw together in a few hours using SE. I made the opening in AE but I did everything else in SE. I did it for a friend who's son is 12 years old and an amazing artist. Hopefully, it will bring attention to it. I love SE for the ease of use. I just wish it would go 64 bit and interpolated slo mo and multicam. I may post some other things I did too. Keep editing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_2nnGBBCwA

Nice stuff man just checked it out. I love the opening. Ya it would be nice if Speededit got a little love. maybe one day.

Thanks. I can't take too much credit for the opening since it is just a Digital Juice template that I tweaked and added my friend's own song from one of his past band's cds. It was just what I was looking for and he owns the copyright. I just output it as an avi, added it to the SE timeline and took it from there. I was going to use Premiere Pro CS5 but I was in a deadline to get it done by the end of the year. I finished on Dec 31 thanks to SE. Premiere is a bit clunky for me and I seem to have mastered working in SE. The only reason I wouldnt use it for everything is it's own limitations.

Do you work for the station?

Reunions etc.

All of you do very good work

I wish I has SE to produce this 23 min boring clip.
    It was made in 4 days with the amazing NewTek Flyer
    on the Amiga 4000.
    Boy how easy it is today to do the multi mini clips
    I had to put together for this piece.

We used VHS of old original 16 mm film and lots of yearbook
    pix along with newspaper morgue scans and films from 1961
    This whole thing was done in 1996. The open is simple Lightwave from
    1996 (Amiga)

It is the flash 4 output of encore. This is a stream from my Web Site

http://161.58.131.199/images/OHS%20-%201996/index.html

Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

Ya I would have killed for SE when I was in HS and was editing tape to tape. I finished my video in 3 red bull fuelled days and nights of no sleep at all. I had started to video months before and had gotten some of the effects work finished but 90%. Seems no matter how big the production I have worked on it seems we always just finish by the skin of our teeth.

Do I work for what station? I never worked for a station. I have been in the insurance business and then IT for the past 27 years and all of my video work was "side" work.

I wish I had anything in High Schoo. There werent even PCs yet, just a mainframe terminal back in 1979. As far as video, forget it. I made 8mm movies and played them back in high school along with a cassette tape in a lame attempt to sync up music and sound effects.

Good stuff Pete. Yoday, it would be so simple to add some simple motion to the stills and cross fade between some of the jarring movie footage cuts. But it gives you the feeling of the times.

Congrats guys & keep up the good work!

Just stuck another couple up on vimeo.

One was a music video for a really far out techno-ish band that wwas into horror movie stuff. I used my Amiga 2000\Toaster for a small part of it. All I remember was I was as wasted as anyone could ever be when I shot it which probably shows, I remember thinking that if I jumped off the roof, I could get a great shot of something. Of course, I didnt do it but I seriously thought about it.

http://vimeo.com/34545755

--------------------------------------------------------------
    The other is a L'Oreal for Kids contest

http://vimeo.com/34538065

If I shouldnt be posting these here, please let me know.

Here's a clip from a 40 minute documentary I shot and edited on SE a couple of years ago. Doing the Ken Burns style of moves on old photographs was a breeze in SE.

http://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi2796198425/

Good stuff Lynn. Did you just edit it or did you do any shooting too? IMDB? Wow! You're in the big time. I have mastered that Ken Burns stuff too. I will throw up a few more. SE is lightning at doing these things.

Hey Tony R I was impressed by the look of the rock video!

I have been using SE a bit different. Getting into some compositing and finding the controls very easy to use. Here is one I completed last year. The dance is a bit long but it gave me time to try some various looks.

http://youtu.be/fpyiOJ8c2C0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast