Thread: Stuck on the TriCaster Studio "Title" screen

Stuck on the TriCaster Studio "Title" screen

Is there a better way to restart the TriCaster when it gets stuck on the title screen than using the power button? Also, do you think that's a symptom of a RAM problem?

This marks the third time I've had to cancel a shoot because the switcher won't boot up... may need that RMA number after all.

You can exit TriCaster without rebooting by pressing Ctrl + v + t. If you're experiencing frequent problems starting TriCaster, you might first want to try resetting the config files. (There are other possibilities, but from your description it sounds like the system is booting ok but TriCaster isn't launching.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Are you referring to the "Restore TriCaster" process? If so, I've done that three times in the last three or four weeks.

I now have a ticket # through FogBugz... I hope we can get this problem solved quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by C3TV View Post
    Are you referring to the "Restore TriCaster" process? If so, I've done that three times in the last three or four weeks.
    No, I'm referring to the admin screen option ... but a Restore would also have reset the configs, so evidently that's not going to help.

I'm a little suspicious that the TriCaster card may be poorly seated in or otherwise have a poor contact with the contacts in its slot. You may want to discuss this with your local reseller or Customer Support (checking this would involve opening the case, and I never like to suggest doing that without first talking to CS, since technically its a breach of warranty).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by C3TV View Post
    I now have a ticket # through FogBugz... I hope we can get this problem solved quickly.
    Not really a bug, I don't think, so I suspect the case may not progress very much. I'd go with calling CS ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator