Thread: Missing Quicktime Plugin for Lightwave 10?

Monty Tech

Missing Quicktime Plugin for Lightwave 10?

Hey guys, while I was looking threw the output types for rendering as a movie, Quicktime .mov was not there. I looked up some ways to try and figure out how to get it, but I cant find it anywhere, I checked the plugin folders in the program files and I cant seem to find it anywhere. Please help?

Try using the 32bit version of LW?

Or render to frames first then compile into a QT in something like QTPro, AfterEffects, Premiere, etc.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

Quote Originally Posted by nickdigital View Post
    Or render to frames first then compile into a QT in something like QTPro, AfterEffects, Premiere, etc.
    You know, I should have said that, but I have said it so many times...I'm just tired.

I miss QT for saving out previews. iSad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter2999 View Post
    You know, I should have said that, but I have said it so many times...I'm just tired.
    LOL, there should be a FAQ. I know I've repeated the same advice multiple times. I either need to decide if it's faster to type the same advice or do a forum search and link to that same advice.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

borkalork BORKALORK! biliousfrog's Avatar
    As already said, quicktime is 32bit only so no output option in 64bit. You can load an image sequence in to quicktime and export a movie though.

I tend to go back more and more to 32 bit systems nowadays, sadly perhaps.
    I Havent even bother to install lw11 64 bit yet.

even thou you can compose to quicktime, I regulary use viper for some finetuning of hv sprites or turbulence previews, and no vpr doesnīt create previews in the same fast manner.

The problem with viper in 64 bit, is also the actual display in the preview window due to a good codec it seems, in 64 bit I always get a banding artifact of previews wich I donīt get when I switch to 32 bit with the quicktime animation codec.

Michael

I always wondered why my old scenes would come up with the missing QT dialogue. Now I can stop worrying about it. It's better to render out frames anyway since you can start working with the rendered ones while the sequence is still rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    I always wondered why my old scenes would come up with the missing QT dialogue. Now I can stop worrying about it. It's better to render out frames anyway since you can start working with the rendered ones while the sequence is still rendering.
    Depends on what you are doing, viper is still extremly valuable for tweaking things to perfections, going the workflow of render out to images import to comp program, that is good for some things but perhaps not while tweaking and fine tuning fine particle stuff, much faster to use viper for that.

Michael

Just render to RGB and use QT 7 to compile. On macs it's the version before the most recent which runs on Lion.