Thread: Upgrade -SpeedEdit Issues with 850...

Upgrade -SpeedEdit Issues with 850...

I am curious if anyone is experiencing problem with SpeedEdit when you upgrade to Rev. 3. I had some projects started on Rev2c or lower and when I upgraded to Rev3, the SpeedEdit projects would not open easily and once they did, the audio was "motorboating" and a bit distorted. Tech support said the problem was with Rev 3 and there would be a new Rev coming soon, being tested now. So I guess I am curious if others have had this problem and if so what was the solution. I ended up going back to Rev 2c and loosing all my Extreme functionality, but at least I can edit and finish a couple of porjects.
    Bill
    www.interactivevideo.tv
    609-654-6122

My SpeedEdit started to crash permanently. On XD300 preview hangs. My workflow stops at Tricaster workstation. Spent last week to figure out, what sloooowed down my machines. No results. Will try to downgrade.

I feel your pain...

Sorry to hear you are having the troubles with your Tricaster 300. My solution for the 850 Extreme was to go back to a lower revision and install that. On the 850 Rev 2c works with SpeedEdit. I am not sure how the revisions of the 300 have been running, but it could be a common problem. Frustrating to say the least RadioErewan! I am sure there was a reason to upgrade the 850 but what it did was cause me serious compatability issues. I hope you can find a solution that works for you. [email protected] is in charge of tech support and might have a solution for you. The best of luck in solving the issues you are facing!
    Bill
    www.interactivevideo.tv
    609-654-6122

My 850E works slightly better than 300. But in both using Speed Edit reminds me my first years with Corel Draw 3 almost 20 years ago. Crtl+S is your best friend, as you never know, when it will crash or just disapear. It takes two or three times than usual to just edit simple recording.

Sorry to hear you are having such bad performance out of your SpeedEdit. I can do complete productions with multiple overlays, animated text, and multiple layers of video. Yes it might crash if I do something stupid, but generally it will run for hours, sometimes days, with out a glich...that is until I did the software upgrade. Then it crahed at every turn in the road. Now that I am back on the older software, it seems to be back to being very stable again. There are many SpeedEdit detractors, but I have found working in the Tricaster 850 entirely to be efficient and effective. Again, on the old software.
    Bill
    www.interactivevideo.tv
    609-654-6122

contact tech support.. there is a beta update available (and should be released soon) that will solve these problems... We were having exactly the
    same issues, and a restore/beta update solved the problem.

--
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")