Thread: Looking for a new Monitor and Mac Pro Graphics card

Looking for a new Monitor and Mac Pro Graphics card

I am looking to upgrade my current monitor to something a little better. However on a small budget. I am wanting a monitor between 22-24 inches and a price range of $250-$350. Just wondering what other's are using or would recommend?

I am also going to upgrade my Mac Pro graphics card either with the ATI 5870 or 5770. I am wondering what others think as far as the price difference being worth it to go up to the 5870?

I put a 5770 in my 1st gen MacPro and have been very happy with it. I didn't want to spend to much upgrading such an old machine.

If the monitor & card is for the same setup, I would leave the card as is & spend the money & get as good as monitor as possible. I've got the Dell Ultra Sharp monitors 24" & 30", my Mac Mini has a 30" but you do need the extra cable. But any monitor up to 1920 x 1200 pixels is fine & this is with the crappy inbuilt graphics.
    Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

W5580 x 2 24GB, Mac Mini, Spyder3Elite, Dulux 30gg 83/006 72/008 grey room,
    XeroxC2255, UPS EvolutionS 3kw+2xEXB

I have an ATI 5770 in my 2008 Mac Pro, but I have been tempted to get some Cuda acceleration going now that I have bought Adobe CS5 Production Premium:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-nVidia-G...item1e5e1cb088
    Petter Sundnes
    Free LScripts