Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Converting old videos

I don't remember right now but I doubt my camera has any video/audio inputs. That sounds like a neat trick for capturing VHS and orher things No big deal in my case because I already have a capture card.

One more question. On my miniDV camera I can press "display" to show the date/time when the recording took place. I assume it's recorded on the tape. I'm not sure if it's part of the DV file. If it is, can that be accessed in SE or by any other means?

DV Capture in SpeedEdit is basically a straight file transfer, with respect to the in-out points, with all streams just copied and no transcoding, and almost zero CPU use. For that reason, I'm sure all the metadata (timecode streams & additional stuff) is transferred in the deal, but I can't check that out for you at the moment...

Thanks. The files transfered from my DV tapes do in fact contain the metadata. I found some other software (WinDV and DVdate) that can chop DV files based on the timecode and they recognize it in my files. Saves me some editing time. I'll still have to work on my VHS files manually though. Everything is working well so far

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    I found some other software (WinDV and DVdate) that can chop DV files based on the timecode and they recognize it in my files. Saves me some editing time.
    Just as a tip, that's what the "Chop" checkbox in SpeedEdit's capture window activates, too.

Everything is working well so far
    Excellent.
    Toasting with NewTek since 1991 - Corinthian Media Services
    Riding Quiet on an Electric Ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by billmi View Post
    Just as a tip, that's what the "Chop" checkbox in SpeedEdit's capture window activates, too.
    Now I remember the checkbox. Shows how much of a SE expert I am
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12