Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordering LW 11, One solution to the Credit Card issues

Ordering LW 11, One solution to the Credit Card issues

Ok, so I've been muttering my way around the forums here because, like many international customers I've been unable to buy Lightwave 11 due to a Credit Card error in the online store.

After attempting to email to Newtek Customer Service who I can only guess is swamped I talked to my bank to ensure no errors were occurring from my end.
    I then tried phoning Newtek from Australia and while I got through I couldn't bring myself to stay on hold for more than a few minutes at international rates, also in what may be a brilliant move by Newtek to drive customers to use their internet services the wait music was a country and western rendition of a song about Video Toaster, it helped me give up sooner!

So, after reading that a couple of people had more success by changing the credit card they were using I tried that.

Now I'm downloading the software.(can't wait to get flocking!)

The solution for me was to use a Visa Card instead of Mastercard.

I can't honestly tell you if Newtek is aware of the specifics of this issue as I haven't had any response from them, so there's no way of knowing if they can 'see' the problem from their end when people attempt to purchase.
    I've been complaining that it would have been nice if Chuck/CS/anyone could have acknowledged they were aware of an issue and were trying to rectify it, so I thought the least I could do was let everyone with the same issue know this was one way to solve it.

hi, thanks for telling your experience with buying lightwave, i had unfortunately no look but i am patient

i think without these problems, a lot more people could now play with lightwave, we all have our money in our hands for lw 11 but we cannot ???

alexs
    My Portfolio - http://alexs3d.blogspot.com - Now with Photography

EDIT:
    I could change the address in IE but now i get this :
    Error: 2-2-27-U-M--The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.
    Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_authorize)

With master AND visa cards. Now it's pi**ing me off. Put a d*mn Paypal button already!!
    ---------------old msg-------------
    Hi

I can't buy because of a flawed code in the shop. When you choose country other than USA the shopping site won't accept "none" in state/province even though there is no other options. Also the Address the shop takes from somewhere is not the one in my registration account. So they have our addresses in different places that needs manual update.....worries me.
    I wrote NT twice with no reply.....would have been nice to have the upgrade for the weekend.

(but they accepted my MC)
    Last edited by jeremydk; 11-18-2011 at 02:53 AM.

My credit card which didn't work was a Mastercard. But it was ok with a Visa debit card from another bank. Whether that was the problem I'm not sure. I posted in LW11 post 111.

I should have bought it earlier but was waiting for the next billing cycle. If I Knew I had to use another card I would have ordered it earlier because it looks like the au$ is heading south due to the € because everyone is take money out of Australia.

I've also noticed than the au$ also seems to drop back a bit leading up to Christmas.

A bit later I bought one of those 3d mice to try out with LW11. There weren't any problems with a international purchase with my Mastercard.
    Last edited by JonW; 11-18-2011 at 02:56 AM.
    Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

W5580 x 2 24GB, Mac Mini, Spyder3Elite, Dulux 30gg 83/006 72/008 grey room,
    XeroxC2255, UPS EvolutionS 3kw+2xEXB

I too tried to use a mastercard first and got the error. Tried with Visa and it worked perfectly.
    Bit irritating, that.

got my mastercard to work in IE. After i confirmed the order i got sent back to the shopping front, no download link in my mail and still an upgrade in my shopping card...
    Have i bought it or not....?
    since i use a Mastercard i have to wait until the end of the month to see if the money have been withdrawn or not!!! ARGH!!! Now im a NT hostage because NT don't read mails or takes calls...It's like queuing in old Russia. I got rubles but there is no food.

Again NT show us how customer service is not supposed to work.(Just think CORE) It's great to get new costumers but please don't forget you current devoted customers.

i also wrote to cs becaus auf this form error, no reply yet, still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydk View Post
    EDIT:
    -------
    Hi

I can't buy because of a flawed code in the shop. When you choose country other than USA the shopping site won't accept "none" in state/province even though there is no other options. Also the Address the shop takes from somewhere is not the one in my registration account. So they have our addresses in different places that needs manual update.....worries me.
    I wrote NT twice with no reply.....would have been nice to have the upgrade for the weekend.

(but they accepted my MC)

I get the same "AVS mismatch" on my Visa as well as my Master card.
    I have mailed Newtek, but received no answers.

I think newtek should consider money transfers to a given account. At least temporary.

Reco

Make sure you write all your first names in first name box in the shop and only one last name.
    That worked for me. if you have only one first/last name then you are out of luck i guess.

Well, the shop didn't give error back but the order wasn't made still so even if you do get the
    shop to take your card you still have to wait and see if your download link showes up !

Quote Originally Posted by Reco View Post
    I get the same "AVS mismatch" on my Visa as well as my Master card.
    I have mailed Newtek, but received no answers.

I think newtek should consider money transfers to a given account. At least temporary.

Reco

I had the same experience of being bounced out to the shop. My bank said the $ wasn't debited so I continued to try.

maybe paypal is an alternative solution for the future ?

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    I had the same experience of being bounced out to the shop. My bank said the $ wasn't debited so I continued to try.
    We are on the brink of 2012 and we have to call our banks to know if our internet shopping went through or not ?

Were is the greatness of humanity ?

Well, we can't skip upgrades so NT doesn't really have to care.
    It's our task to find a way to buy their product.
    It's not a new thing i'm afraid. I had a similar challenge trying to buy from E-on (Vue)

well for sure about paypall.....
    i rmmbr ordering GO PRO HD camera from usa this year... i had to do verification process for credit card by PHONE.... for the begining NEWTEK should enable SKYPE contact customer support to avoid calling them with expensive solutions
    new web page up www.null.hr

ditto on the skype thing
    www.bytehawk.net

1 : Imac 27’ I7 mid 2017 8Gb ram

I bought some credit for my skpe and call them through skype android, for around 10 minutes call it cost nearly nothing if the destination is US. Land line call is not cost effective.

Sometimes the skype voip quite sucks as you need to use your headphone to hear clearly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast