Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Looking for Lightwave 3D freelance animators for Children's video series"

"Looking for Lightwave 3D freelance animators for Children's video series"

"Looking for Lightwave 3D freelance animators for Children's video series"

*Positive Productions Plus is looking for Lightwave 3D freelance animators to be a part of the current team of 4 animators. We are working on a*new DVD series for children and are looking to add an additional *2 to 4 animators.

* * *- You will need to use Lightwave 3D Software
    * * *- You will only be animating
    * * *- You will need to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement
    * * *- Position Pay is based on percentage of profits, each person will receive a contract based on their skills and time.

PM me here or email me directly at [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
    Dale L. Campbell Jr.
    Positive Productions Plus!

PM sent

I never understood the "percentage of profits" deal.
    How can a freelancer possibly know how much profit you make from something? Its just too messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennik View Post
    I never understood the "percentage of profits" deal.
    How can a freelancer possibly know how much profit you make from something? Its just too messy.
    There should always be a base pay involved. An animators gotta eat!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMystic View Post
    There should always be a base pay involved. An animators gotta eat!
    I truly wish that I could....you have no idea.
    Dale L. Campbell Jr.

Gotta start somewhere I guess. Some people actually do make something out of nothing some times.

I once had a request to contribute to to an indie game. I thought it would be fun but once I said if they weren't paying me, I couldn't relegate 100% of my time to the project as they seemed to want. They said that wasn't good enough and never contacted me again...

I once had a request to contribute to to an indie game. I thought it would be fun but once I said if they weren't paying me, I couldn't relegate 100% of my time to the project as they seemed to want. They said that wasn't good enough and never contacted me again...
    and did they ever finish their project?

First, I understand completely what you are saying, but am not asking for 100% of anyones time, I don't even have 100% of my time as I work a full time job in the IT field. I am just asking for as much time and help from animators that are willing just to a leap of faith. I know without additional help we will never finish on time and the dream will be delayed or even lost.

Again, if anyone is still interested please me or email me at [email protected].

Thanks.
    Dale L. Campbell Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by dalecampbelljr View Post
    I am just asking for as much time and help from animators that are willing just to a leap of faith.
    I suggest using sites like odesk, freelancer websites to find workers that you can pay on an hourly basis. That way you only pay what the artist has really worked for tracked by a timer software and then the artist has no risk of not getting paid at all.
    We have used this successfully in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by geo_n View Post
    I suggest using sites like odesk, freelancer websites to find workers that you can pay on an hourly basis. That way you only pay what the artist has really worked for tracked by a timer software and then the artist has no risk of not getting paid at all.
    We have used this successfully in the past.
    I understand what you are saying, all I can say is if anyone is interested in being a part of this project please read "my original post". If not I understand ...nothing else matters.
    Dale L. Campbell Jr.

borkalork BORKALORK! biliousfrog's Avatar
    I guess the problem that many will have is that you're asking for a leap of faith when you don't have any faith in the project yourself. If you truely believed that the project would succeed you would find funding to hire the workers required or offer a guaranteed return on your projected sales. If nobody will offer funding for the project then it also shows that investor's don't have faith in the project either.

What usually happens with this kind of thing is a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy. The standard of work will generally be much lower because it is unpaid so the finished project looks unprofessional and doesn't generate any profit.

Of course, you have been up front and said what the deal is. If anybody wishes to take up your offer then they know what they are letting themselves in for. I hope it works out well for everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by biliousfrog View Post
    I guess the problem that many will have is that you're asking for a leap of faith when you don't have any faith in the project yourself. If you truely believed that the project would succeed you would find funding to hire the workers required or offer a guaranteed return on your projected sales. If nobody will offer funding for the project then it also shows that investor's don't have faith in the project either.

What usually happens with this kind of thing is a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy. The standard of work will generally be much lower because it is unpaid so the finished project looks unprofessional and doesn't generate any profit.

Of course, you have been up front and said what the deal is. If anybody wishes to take up your offer then they know what they are letting themselves in for. I hope it works out well for everyone involved.
    Not to be rude, but you need more information to make some of the statements you are making. That is why I have asked each individual "interested" to contact me by email or PM me. Then I address each question and concern with each of them. This has really gone to far as far discussion, just wanted people who were "interested", not to start a debate. Sorry about the old wounds some people have from situations like this and I understand completely, but I did not inflict those wounds.
    Last edited by dalecampbelljr; 12-05-2011 at 03:21 PM.
    Dale L. Campbell Jr.

Hey Dale,
    I see you are reviving this project.

Have you seen Eric Smith's animation?

I would say that having some done animation, ready for folks to buy into, would go farther in attaining the assistance you say is needed. Having SOMETHING to show where the leap in faith will take them would go quite far in getting a buy-in on the project.

Is this the same project as five years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by UnCommonGrafx View Post
    Hey Dale,
    I see you are reviving this project.

Have you seen Eric Smith's animation?

I would say that having some done animation, ready for folks to buy into, would go farther in attaining the assistance you say is needed. Having SOMETHING to show where the leap in faith will take them would go quite far in getting a buy-in on the project.

Is this the same project as five years ago?
    Hey Good to hear from you brother, no it is not the same project, it is completely different. As far as showing the project thats some of what is done when people who are interested contact me. The problem is I am just looking for some help not nay sayers, they are a dime a dozen.

As far as Eric, yes I saw it and just purchased a dvd, really happy for him.
    Last edited by dalecampbelljr; 12-05-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    Dale L. Campbell Jr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast