Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave eleven

Portrait Artist Developm cgisoul's Avatar
    For charter members -> $395 -> Includes 5 consecutive major releases without changing in upgrade price. Being point releases free.

For non-charter member -> $495 ->Includes 5 consecutive major releases without changing in upgrade price. Being point releases free.

For everyone that doesn't fall in those 2 categories -> $695 upgrade price.

For brand new users -> $1495

At least that was the pricing few months ago, not sure if they have changed that.
    http://mduque.com

Core i7 860 2.8GHz w/ Corsair H70 | 16 GB
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti SOC - 1 GB
    Windows 7 Pro 64bits
    Wacom Intuos 4
    Cooler Master 690

Sounds about right and looks like what's happening right now.

Julian.
    LW 2015.3 Win 10 Pro 64bit

http://www.take27.co.uk

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Well, guess that makes it official, at those upgrade prices, my days of upgrading are dead.
    Though, bring honest, I sort of expected as much, Lightwave is no longer going in a direction that suits me and from what I've read so far, any serious attention to modeller is still lacking. Again a "layout centric" update.
    So LW12 is probably the earliest modelelr would get some love, if then.
    Ah well, t'was fun whilst it lasted I suppose.
    Time to learn other things,
    Too old to die young.

It's certainly a great shame about Modeler, but I'm one whose greater requirements are in Layout, and all of this, in 11, and IF it all works, is good stuff ... in fact although it's still very much catching up with some of the competition, there are some very nice feature additions here ... for me anyway.

Julian.

Iīm really happy about this version release, and I hope this will be the new policy for LW in the future. I wholeheartedly agree with Akademus. Some people complain no matter what. Itīs literally impossible to release strong updates without charging users for several years. At least, not with rival companies doing otherwise.
    Of course, those complaining about prices now, are the first people to complain when updates are not coming.
    Thatīs the kind of attitude that kills a product. Fortunately for us, Newtek knows better now.
    3d animation? Hah! Did you take a look through your window?thereīs plenty of it...and pre-rendered!!

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JBT27 View Post
    It's certainly a great shame about Modeler, but I'm one whose greater requirements are in Layout, and all of this, in 11, and IF it all works, is good stuff ... in fact although it's still very much catching up with some of the competition, there are some very nice feature additions here ... for me anyway.

Julian.
    Yep, I'm sure those who live in layout will be happy, certainly seems it is being driven by a given faction of users / studios. In that case, probably worth the money for those folks.
    On the upside for me as well, I now know I can write off any thoughts of moving forward with LW, which means I can focus my energies elsewhere.
    May not sound like an upside as far as me continuing to use LW is concerned, but I'm sure Newtek isn't gonna cry over 1 lost customer and it seems many are likely to buy into the next pre-release.

The only constant is change.
    Too old to die young.

I donīt understand this, why does this show up here in the general discussion and not in a Newtek announcement? and from a non newtek staff?

Or did I miss this somewhere else?

Looks pretty nice, I wanted bullit foremost, and a native fracture tool, so that can be unchecked.

Instances was expected too..uncheck that too.

Flocking wasnīt expected, nice
    Remains to see how VPR performs and fiber fx

The hypervoxels improvement doesnt seem much thou, thatīs a major let down that the volume mode doesnīt recieve a boost with a similar shader like dynamite wich doesnīt work in Lightwave 10.1

All the other enhancements seems all good, but Newtek delivers new features in a very slow pace, and I havenīt seen any really jawdroppin innovative stuff...in my point of view.

Gonna be interesting to see what I would have to pay for this, Im getting more and more annoyed with that I didnīt ask for a refund, since I think I didnīt get what I payed for the last time, cant wait to see what they will offer me this time.

Michael

Yeah ... I thought that ... then all morning I've been thinking they released LW11 pre-release on 11/11/11 but made no fuss about it ... just an email to each customer.

Julian.

Insane Carrot Cake Eater eagleeyed's Avatar
    I shall be giving NewTek a call as soon as they open so I know what pricing I will be eligible for. Sent them an email on Tuesday midday (Monday night their time) and no response regarding it so shall just call.

The upgrade is a good step in the right direction, and I am quite happy with the features, especially the render pass manager and dynamics. I also already own 2 PlayStation Moves and a 3D Connexion Mouse so that will be awesome to use and play with.

Just hope they are able to provide what pricing I am eligible for when I call, went through a huge hassle of getting my HardCORE license on the database, took around 9 - 10 months so may have been eligible for Charter or just normal Hardcore pricing. Shall try and find out.

I am impressed, I really did hope Modeller would get a lovely touch up as I have been looking at Modo very recently, however with LW Cad 4 coming out LightWave has probably kept hold of me (it would be a waste of money I have already spent on everything if I just moved to Modo).

Please though NewTek, please look into your email system, didn't even get an auto reply saying message was received.
    Last edited by eagleeyed; 11-11-2011 at 07:24 AM.
    Because you can never have too much pudding.
    ----------
    LightWave 2015 - sprinkled with LW-Cad 5, TurbulenceFD, Advanced Placement and Choc Drops for extra flavour
    i7-2600, 16GB RAM, Win 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JBT27 View Post
    Yeah ... I thought that ... then all morning I've been thinking they released LW11 pre-release on 11/11/11 but made no fuss about it ... just an email to each customer.

Julian.
    I haven't even gotten an eMail yet.
    Mac OS 10.10.5 Yosemite, 2.66 GHz Core 2 duo, 4 GB RAM,ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I donīt understand this, why does this show up here in the general discussion and not in a Newtek announcement? and from a non newtek staff?
    I would say that the main reason little was said yesterday was so as not to give away the surprise before last night's event. I'm sure much more detail will be forthcoming moving forward.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

http://www.stickam.com/viewMedia.do?mId=192404971
    show starts 20min in...audio sync is out which is a shame..NO lightwave 11 on this clip apparently
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead View Post
    http://www.stickam.com/viewMedia.do?mId=192404971
    show starts 20min in...audio sync is out which is a shame..NO lightwave 11 on this clip apparently
    That sucks. I'm on a crappy motel wireless connection, and the original stream was really very good last night. Maybe they'll get it fixed later today.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Looks awesome so far, definitely heading into right direction.
    Now, need to convince my boss to upgrade, shadow catcher itself will be useful as I tend to use the nodal tricks but always had problems with alphas and shading.

hope the video editors over at newtek don't have a hangover so they can cut and upload the lightwave 11 portion of the event for us to watch soon
    [i missed it...too tired to stay up to 3am]
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast