Lightwave eleven

http://mduque.com

Core i7 860 2.8GHz w/ Corsair H70 | 16 GB
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti SOC - 1 GB
    Windows 7 Pro 64bits
    Wacom Intuos 4
    Cooler Master 690

Thumbs down what the hell

Wait a minute....i just bought a upgrade to version 10.1...now only 3 months later they are offering version 11 for more money than my upgrade only 3 months ago..comeon...

Nice features or not, these feature were supposed to be in the last upgrade.

Now either this is a cheap upgrade or free for those of us that just bought our upgrades or its time to go elsewhere...i have used lightwave since the amiga days, and throughout NEWTEKS CORE issues have stayed with them .

Time to RETHINK your upgrade options...very dissapointed.

gar

Portrait Artist Developm cgisoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar View Post
    Wait a minute....i just bought a upgrade to version 10.1...now only 3 months later they are offering version 11 for more money than my upgrade only 3 months ago..comeon...

Now either this is a cheap upgrade or free for those of us that just bought our upgrades or its time to go elsewhere...i have used lightwave since the amiga days, and throughout NEWTEKS CORE issues have stayed with them .

gar
    You might want to contact CS, I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you out. Regarding if this features should have been in the last upgrade.......... I reserve my comments

Windows 7 Pro 64bits
    Wacom Intuos 4
    Cooler Master 690

I have just sent a message...But this is newtek again, not giving enough details and getting the wrong impression across...sound like they are turning in to AUTODESK to me...they will probably start renting it soon. I HOPE they have something for recent upgraders. Otherwise , its time to go to another package if i am spending that much again this soon.

gar
    Yes we complained a lot. . . six months ago.

It's pretty common practice to provide those who purchased within a set period prior to an upgrade with a break - but this case may be a little different, since the actual release is still some time off. There are other differences too, but it's late so I won't get into them. This all said, I'd not get too worked up until more info is available.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I'm trying to figure out how to get the pre-release. Hmmm, maybe more clicking. . . .
    Win 7 64bit Ultimate
    Core i7 - 940 @ 2.93GHz - 12 GB RAM
    ATi Radeon HD 4800 - 512 MB

I am in the exact same boat! Very dissappointed as well.

gar

When they're not releasing new versions people are disappointed, when they do people are dissapointed again.

Two versions (or one new version and one pre-release) are very welcomed after cycle 9 dry period of almost 2 years.

I'd be happy if we get a new version every year. Things have changed in the industry, with AD being a year or two ahead with releases and that is not NTs fault. You wanted them to keep up and that is what they are doing.
    Senior CG Artist, Optix Digital Pictures
    Demo Reel
    Behance
    Web folio
    LinkedIn

borkalork BORKALORK! biliousfrog's Avatar
    I think LW 11 sounds pretty good. It's the upgrade that LW10 should have been and I'd quite like to upgrade my 9.6...if only it was clear what the prices are and how to do it.

money need to flow for a good economy, bought it!

Portrait Artist Developm cgisoul's Avatar
    I believe the upgrade price is $695

Windows 7 Pro 64bits
    Wacom Intuos 4
    Cooler Master 690

On my account, there's a LW11 Pre-Release Upgrade, Upgrade Post, and Upgrade Charter - the latter is listed as $395, the other two say 'Call for Pricing' ... but all three carry the same description ...

Julian.
    LW 2015.3 Win 10 Pro 64bit

http://www.take27.co.uk

On my account, only the "upgrade-post" has a price, and it's $495
    3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10

Oh ... then it's obviously according to when people signed up for Hardcore or whatever ... I'm seeing people saying either $495 or $695, though I signed up before that 'magic' March date back whenever, so I guess that'll be why ... which means our other license will be one of the other two prices ... I hope the lower one ...

Julian.
    LW 2015.3 Win 10 Pro 64bit

http://www.take27.co.uk

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast