Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: 3D cartoon series project, that needs support ....

  1. #1
    Registered User Pignoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    49

    3D cartoon series project, that needs support ....

    Hello everybody,

    If you have one minute, please take a look here :

    http://setuptab.com/index.php?topic=4868.0

    Regards,
    Franck.

  2. #2
    luxowaver silviotoledo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,831
    Nice animation and cool design! It will be a winner project for sure!
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

  3. #3
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Augusta, GA(usa)
    Posts
    590
    Dear Friend:

    I cannot afford to send money.
    But I wish you for the best!!!
    I hope your dream succeeds and makes you good money.
    Good luck !!!

    rednova
    -Mobilis In Mobile-

  4. #4
    Adapting Artist jasonwestmas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    11,399
    Your animation and choreography is HAUT! Wish I could help you out. Keep going man, I hope to see this stuff on TV soon.

  5. #5
    Registered User Pignoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    49
    Hello pals,

    Thanks for your cool comments ! Very appreciated.
    I really need financial support, but it seems not so easy to obtain....

    Dont hesitate to diffuse the project link to the world, you will help me a lot !!

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    luxowaver silviotoledo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,831
    Don't worry. No stress. Just go ahead and keep working. Your project is beauty and will find funds soon!


    I've trying finance there's 12 years for my projects and I'm still in fight.
    12 years before a company form USA wanted to invest 5 million dollars in my project, but it did not happen. Other 2 big opportunies happened but no investment...

    Now Brazilian government invests around 400 Millions dollars per year in films in Brazil. Part of this investment ( in animation area ) is part of my contribution once I founded an Association that changed the game. Several "friends" got money but I'm still in fight . If not I will finance the film myself once costs are in drecrease.

    World is changing, more Tvs and more animation needed, I will get funds somehow.

    Contact Canadian TVs and also take a look at MIPCOM event. It's a great chance to get funds. MIPCOM Jr. in Cannes France happen every year and all TV producers will be there looking for new projetcs.

    I can help you on a businessplan and finance project if you need.

    Now you have a great material you need good finance plan to sell your project. Don't think only as an artist but as a businessman too.


    There's a big amount of money in Brazil for international Co-production too. I'm not sure with wich countries. Where are you from? Paris???? Why aren't you at MIPCOM?
    Last edited by silviotoledo; 10-12-2011 at 08:42 AM.
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

  7. #7
    Adapting Artist jasonwestmas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    11,399
    Yeah, there's a lot of mediocre stuff on TV and lots of repeats so someday people are gonna get bored if they aren't already. I suppose it's the cost of animation in general that keeps good 3D animation off there air (Commercials Excluded). It's a lot of work but good software and faster computers does help to speed things up.

  8. #8
    luxowaver silviotoledo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonwestmas View Post
    Yeah, there's a lot of mediocre stuff on TV ...
    Yeah. Today there's too much TVs and more and more animation is needed, so people series with 52 episodes instead of only 13 . Too much work. So producers does cutout animation in flash ( I hate ) and only one animator does a complete episode in less than 15 days . Terrible if you don't have a simplified design and a great idea to compensate the poor tech.

    The result is that the TV also pays poor money ( in Brazil only $ 3k per half hour program for TV and it's one of the best markets under USA, Canadá, England and France ). So you need to sell your project for 100 or more TVs in the world to get your funds back. Or you need a super low cost production or you need PUPPETS and LICENCING...

    The best is to keep a clean budget and attack in all areas same time. Cinema, Tv, Games, Puppets, Licencing, Cable Tv, Home DVD, DVD rentals... You need a businessplan.

    You can't spend more money than you will get back. Tv series pays a low money but there's some TVs in Canada that invests around $ 250 K per episode and others in USA that invests more than $1 million per episode 'cause they sell joinned several other products.
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

  9. #9
    Adapting Artist jasonwestmas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    11,399
    Quote Originally Posted by silviotoledo View Post
    Yeah. Today there's too much TVs and more and more animation is needed, so people series with 52 episodes instead of only 13 . Too much work. So producers does cutout animation in flash ( I hate ) and only one animator does a complete episode in less than 15 days . Terrible if you don't have a simplified design and a great idea to compensate the poor tech.

    The result is that the TV also pays poor money ( in Brazil only $ 3k per half hour program for TV and it's one of the best markets under USA, Canadá, England and France ). So you need to sell your project for 100 or more TVs in the world to get your funds back. Or you need a super low cost production or you need PUPPETS and LICENCING...

    The best is to keep a clean budget and attack in all areas same time. Cinema, Tv, Games, Puppets, Licencing, Cable Tv, Home DVD, DVD rentals... You need a businessplan.

    You can't spend more money than you will get back. Tv series pays a low money but there's some TVs in Canada that invests around $ 250 K per episode and others in USA that invests more than $1 million per episode 'cause they sell joinned several other products.
    This is interesting to me because I eventually want to get out of video game projects and into animated television series. I certainly wouldn't do it for just the money but yeah 3K for a half hour of 3D animation is certainly too low for a small Team.

  10. #10
    luxowaver silviotoledo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,831
    The projects done with love are the only ones that persists between generations. Some get a lot of money and some get nothing. Some films takes all your life to be done. So it's good to know in mind the purpose of doing these things.

    There's also a big difference between arts and business. TV series are business that uses ( or not ) art.
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

  11. #11
    Registered User Pignoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by silviotoledo View Post
    Don't worry. No stress. Just go ahead and keep working. Your project is beauty and will find funds soon!


    I've trying finance there's 12 years for my projects and I'm still in fight.
    12 years before a company form USA wanted to invest 5 million dollars in my project, but it did not happen. Other 2 big opportunies happened but no investment...

    Now Brazilian government invests around 400 Millions dollars per year in films in Brazil. Part of this investment ( in animation area ) is part of my contribution once I founded an Association that changed the game. Several "friends" got money but I'm still in fight . If not I will finance the film myself once costs are in drecrease.

    World is changing, more Tvs and more animation needed, I will get funds somehow.

    Contact Canadian TVs and also take a look at MIPCOM event. It's a great chance to get funds. MIPCOM Jr. in Cannes France happen every year and all TV producers will be there looking for new projetcs.

    I can help you on a businessplan and finance project if you need.

    Now you have a great material you need good finance plan to sell your project. Don't think only as an artist but as a businessman too.


    There's a big amount of money in Brazil for international Co-production too. I'm not sure with wich countries. Where are you from? Paris???? Why aren't you at MIPCOM?
    Hi Silvio,

    Thanks for your advice and comments about my project.

    I am confident in the fact of producing the series, after the pilot is finish.
    But this is just difficult to raise funds for that pilot. For now I'm trying by unconventional methods.

    Not totally ready for the business plan yet, I keep concentrate for the pilot at the moment.

    Thanks for sharing with us your experience.

    Regards,

  12. #12
    Atonishing! Have you used LW at anytime? Modelling, texturing? Only Messiah?

    Vector

  13. #13
    Registered User Pignoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by vector View Post
    Atonishing! Have you used LW at anytime? Modelling, texturing? Only Messiah?

    Vector
    Before I used XSI (rig/animation) and LW(modeling/rendering)...and after Messiah (rig/animation) and LW(modeling/rendering)...

    And now I only use Messiah, so easy and powerful !!

    Regards,

  14. #14
    Anyway I will post your project in my blog (only Lw content but this is a good exception to this rule, as old Lwer you are )

    I hope it helps a little bit

    Vector

  15. #15
    Registered User Pignoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    49
    Thanks Vector !

    Very kind from you, doing this.
    Note that I still use LW for modeling and sometimes hypervoxels or sasquatch.

    Cheers,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •