Thread: Reverse Interlace Issue streaming?

Reverse Interlace Issue streaming?

Hello,

I am having a issue streaming a 1080i project to EdgeCast. I am streaming 640x360 @30fps 512k. The video looks like the interlacing is backwards, or reversed. If the frames were numbered, it seems like the sequence is 2,1,4,3,6,5,8,7 ect..

If i reduce the stream size, it fixes the issue. If I go to 720p, it comes back.

If I use Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, it seems to stream all sizes just fine. It seems it is a TriCaster thing. I was told to not update ANYTHING on it but does it need a Flash update?

NewTek is pointing to the CDN, CDN is pointing to Adobe Flash.

Issue seems to only happen on a MAC. The website is using the latest version of JWPlayer to show the video.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to check?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaumon View Post
    Hello,

I am having a issue streaming a 1080i project to EdgeCast. I am streaming 640x360 @30fps 512k. The video looks like the interlacing is backwards, or reversed. If the frames were numbered, it seems like the sequence is 2,1,4,3,6,5,8,7 ect..

If i reduce the stream size, it fixes the issue. If I go to 720p, it comes back.

If I use Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, it seems to stream all sizes just fine. It seems it is a TriCaster thing. I was told to not update ANYTHING on it but does it need a Flash update?

NewTek is pointing to the CDN, CDN is pointing to Adobe Flash.

Issue seems to only happen on a MAC. The website is using the latest version of JWPlayer to show the video.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to check?
    You need to check that everything in your pipeline is interpreting the field order correctly.

My guess is that wherever the deinterlacing is taking place is erroneous

Regards, Tom.

Hmm. Even the stock videos on the DDR are doing it. So the only place is in the tricaster itself (including the flash encoder), the CDN (Edgecast), or the player (JWPlayer).

Quote Originally Posted by Beaumon View Post
    Hmm. Even the stock videos on the DDR are doing it. So the only place is in the tricaster itself (including the flash encoder), the CDN (Edgecast), or the player (JWPlayer).
    I'd check the player.

Yea, looked into that and I don't see any interlace settings for JWPlayer. This is really strange...

Las Vegas Toaster
    I have been hearing many issues with streaming to macs.... the only fix I have found to work is using AAC audio not sure why but it helped on my main stream a lot
    Brett Beanan

How do you set that in the tricaster?

So, Update. We have traced this back to the Tricaster. Other devices are streaming to the CDN just fine. Going to do a System Restore...

Please let us know how this goes ... keeping an eye on this matter.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

When I return on Friday, I will do that ASAP.

I-ve experienced jittery video issues on macs several time. It-'s actually a problem with the flash plugin for mac and H264 hardware acceleration. Nothing to do with Newtek.

If that's your problem, disable hardware acceleration on the player (right click over the video and untick the hardware acceleration box) and it'll be ok. It looks like it happens in some combinations of video cards and flash plugin version on mac os x when streaming over 700Kbps.

Yea, that was it. Disabled the hardware acceleration. Thanks Adobe!

And thanks 'Nacho' - good catch.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")