Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Airplay Question

Airplay Question

I haven't installed the new update that enables Airplay support on the TCXD300 yet, but I do have a question.

Would it be possible to use an iPad to play 1920x1080i commercials during a show via Airplay? Will an iPad be able to play full HD content? If so, does anyone know the file specs?

Bump...

Or if not an iPad, how about a Windows or Mac laptop with some 1080i and Airplay compatible software? Just thinking out loud...

Technical Account Manager - Channel Support
    Airplay only supports video up to 720p.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Actually, TriCaster's implementation of AirPlay has no resolution limits But you might find that iTunes will refuse to upload a video to your iOS device if it is not compliant with the profile supported for playback on that device itself.

Andrew

Maybe someone with some app writing experience and a Tricaster background will come up with a cool custom app for production people like us. Lot of potential here

I can tell you that we have some very cool technology coming in this area ...

I had a feeling...

Ok I will put my hand up, read the manual on air play change the newtwork setting as sugessted. I can't get my iPad or iphone to appear on net1, I only have basic knowledge on iPhone/iPad's.

Is there a thirteen year old geek that an help?

Same here. We tried multiple iOS devices and could not get them to show up in the Tricaster. We also could not get the devices to see the Tricaster as an airplay device. We had them all on the same network and had firewall off.

I had no trouble with my iTouch... load a video (either from youtube or something internal to the device) and while playing you'll see a square with an arrow in it ... (almost looks like an inverted envelope) and from there you can choose which net input to connect to.... pretty instant, and audio quality is very good.

We just upgraded our 850 and had the same problem. Ipad-2 shows that it is streaming to the 850 on either net 1 or 2 which ever is selected but no picture and no selection in the drop down box. If a pc is using IVGA it does appear. If it is selected then the Ipad loses the assignment to that net selection but does not go back to display on the device. We tried 2 different IPad-2's and an Iphone with the same results.

Also, what happend to underscan on the net inputs? This was really needed when a pc shows up with a odd size of output display.

Bob

We just did another test with an ipad 1 and an iphone 4. Neither of them get the little airplay icon when a video is played from the video app or youtube. The Tricaster is hard wired to the same network that the devices are connected to via wifi. The Net 1 and Net2 have the little airplay drop down but no devices ever show up. I have turned off firewall on the router and the tricaster and still nothing. What version of iOS are people running that have had success. According to Apple's support, it only needs to have 4.2 running

I haven't had any trouble with it using the YouTube app on my iPhone 4 using 4.3.5.

The source doesn't show up in the drop down menu like LiveText or iVGA. It just feeds in as long as the "Receive" icon and text are selected in the NET inputs.

Kris

The first step is to check that they really are on the same network and can see each-other. What I would do is take your iPod/iPad/iPhone and use this link to get your IP address :
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=496

Now ping the iOS device from the computer and check that they can see each-other. Next switch your device in and out of Airplane mode since this will make sure that it flushes it's "AirPlay" hosts list (iOS is really bad at this.)

If they can and AirPlay still does not see each-other double check that you are using content and an app that does not have DRM enabled on the media. A good test is the YouTube app that works for almost every clip no matter what.

Finally, one other thing to try is just use iTunes on another computer and see if that works.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by gameguyag View Post
    What version of iOS are people running that have had success. According to Apple's support, it only needs to have 4.2 running
    I have used almost every Apple device across all versions of iOS since 4.0 and really had no problems. For me it has always "magically" worked ... although I actually cannot always say the same for my AppleTV via AirPlay actually

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast