Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Airplay Question

I am finally getting the ipad to airplay to the tricaster; photos and slideshows play great, movies (my own productions, not protected content) just set there; the ipad says it is the playing the movie on XD300(1) and I can see the opening frame, but no playing of the movie....suggestions?

More: I walked thru all the steps in the Tricaster 300 manual appendix for troubleshooting the airplay/tricaster connection...finally got the apple to recognize the tricaster with the almost last step of setting the channel to 11 -- that worked, but, as I say, no motion in the motion pictures (not copyrighted prductions, but my own shot in iMovie).

Another question...in network settings, there are listed: (1) the linksys box, (2) XD300, (3) XD300:XD300User (4) [PC]XD300....(4) and (3) are listed in the properties as "media devices"...clicking on them opens the windows media player...huh??? The (2) is the tricaster itself....what up with that?

I heard that the airplay mirroring signal is encrypted (for copy protection purposes) so very slim chance that the mirroring option will ever be available for the Tricaster I bet.

I am currently looking into trying this application that supports airplay mirroring of an iPhone/iPad on a Windows desktop or Mac desktop (so you don't have to buy an Apple TV)

www.airserverapp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Man View Post
    We just upgraded our 850 and had the same problem. Ipad-2 shows that it is streaming to the 850 on either net 1 or 2 which ever is selected but no picture and no selection in the drop down box. If a pc is using IVGA it does appear. If it is selected then the Ipad loses the assignment to that net selection but does not go back to display on the device. We tried 2 different IPad-2's and an Iphone with the same results.

Also, what happend to underscan on the net inputs? This was really needed when a pc shows up with a odd size of output display.

Bob
    I had the same problem. Changing the network from a PUBLIC to WORK solved the problem of getting the tricaster to see the iPhone.
    But photos only seem to work currently for me. I can get a 1st frame of any video but when I press play, the tricaster goes blank

In your video ap, if you click the playback output selector and choose "Tricaster", same thing?
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

Yes. Same result.....no joy

Apple tv hdmi to tricaster

Quote Originally Posted by Auman View Post
    Thanks for the pointers guys. I installed iOS5 (public release) yesterday and now everything works magically. I also updated my AppleTV device firmware and have to admit, the wireless screen mirroring to HDTV feature is great!
    Are there any plans to upgrade the Tricaster's AirPlay capabilities to allow full wireless screen mirroring instead of just pics, tunes, and vids? We are trying to get to the point where our onscreen show hosts can implement live social media elements into the show. If the host could use an iPad to browse Twitter/facebook it would be great to be able to take the iPad screen wirelessly as a video source.
    I realize that this is already a possibility using an AppleTV device feeding an HDMI signal into an HDMI to HD-SDI converter and then running that feed into the TC as a source. I am just trying to avoid buying the converter if an update will take care of this a week after I buy it.
    I bought a blackmagic hdmi to Sid converter box...ran the apple tv hdmi out to the blackmagic and then from there to the tricaster camera input ,but could not get tricaster to recognize the signal....

Quote Originally Posted by Ozybigal View Post
    Hi Daniel

I am similar to you on 450 Extreme on the 3d update stills and Videos played on airplay. could even play videos from iMac across wired network.

Now after update Tricaster shows as destination for airplay but no video or audio shows from iPhone or iMac. Strangely the photos from iPhone show up just fine, the photo app even shows tricaster1 and tricaster 2 as destinations. Video player only shows tricaster 2 as destination.

To check it was working in 3d I restored to factory - video plays from iPhone, apply 4a update video no longer plays from iPhone.

Alan Duplex
    Perth, Western Australia
    OutWest Pty Ltd
    outwest.com.au
    Same problem! Did you find a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by dkinskey View Post
    Same problem! Did you find a fix?
    What Tricaster are you using? Remeber that XD 300 is only 1080i and I believe Black Magic is 1080p. That's could be the problem.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345