Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Airplay Question

You don't have to set the drop-down menu. As long is it is on "Receive" it is already set to take in an Airplay stream. It doesn't appear separately in the drop-down menu. The only things that appear in the menu are iVGA type sources, like LiveText or a PC/Mac running iVGA.

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by dkinskey View Post
    now, the ipad2 sees the XD 300...
    I've never seen it fail if the ipad app 'sees' the triCaster in its Airplay options except if the media has some sort of copyright/drm protection.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I put a new wireless router from Netgear in our flypack and the airplay feature works flawlessly now. Good router with strong signal=airplay success for us.

Airplay still fail...

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I've never seen it fail if the ipad app 'sees' the triCaster in its Airplay options except if the media has some sort of copyright/drm protection.
    Hi all,

I'm here on production with our new TC450 Extrem and first time I tried to use Airplay.
    I have that problem that some other people had and can't find a way to get it working.

The iPad and my iPhone shows me the Tricaster to choose for Airplay, but on the Tricaster side I don't receive a signal.
    I've tried privat photos and also privat recorded audio files - so they are not protected in any way!

Any Idea what to do??

Best regards from germany

Steve

We were messing with Airplay in the shop again the other day, and we found that the only way we could get it to work reliably was to make sure the iPad and the Tricaster both were connected to the network with IP addresses before launching the Tricaster in to Live Production.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

Quote Originally Posted by UnityLivestream View Post
    I've tried privat photos and also privat recorded audio files - so they are not protected in any way!
    Airplay issues can be surprisingly complex. In my own experience, despite the fact that everything was hunky dory network wise, the particular dual band Cisco router I use at home simply will not work with Airplay, for reasons I've probably explained in more detail elsewhere in the forums. I wound up using a different one.

That said, most of the problems I've seen resulted in the TriCaster entries not showing up on the iOS device. Apart from copyright protection, I'm not sure what might produce a failure connection in that case, but I'll ask around. Maybe someone will have a flash of brilliance here in the meantime.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

AirPlay is not working anymore after 4a update in my XD300. iPad recognises Tricaster, but no image and no audio. With 3d it was working great. Also using iVGA now I can see a little delay that wasn't before.
    I didn't update my XD850 yet and I will wait a little bit to see if anyone is havind the same issue.

I've discussed these two recent reports with QA, since at first glance have certain common elements. There are no known bugs in this context. There could be any number of other things at work, since it's a complex subject, but I wanted to pass along one suggestion that might be relevant. We have seen instances where multiple iOS devices in the vicinity of the TriCaster all had the same device name (generally the default Apple name for that device), and this can cause connection issues.

If that remote possibility doesn't seem relevant, I guess it's off to Customer Service you go, sorry.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I've discussed these two recent reports with QA, since at first glance have certain common elements. There are no known bugs in this context. There could be any number of other things at work, since it's a complex subject, but I wanted to pass along one suggestion that might be relevant. We have seen instances where multiple iOS devices in the vicinity of the TriCaster all had the same device name (generally the default Apple name for that device), and this can cause connection issues.

If that remote possibility doesn't seem relevant, I guess it's off to Customer Service you go, sorry.
    Hi Steve, I undestand that it could be any number of things, but AirPlay was working good with 3d update and now with 4a it's not working anymore (using the same router and the same network). Also iVGA after 4a update has now a little delay (about 1 second).
    Maybe the problem is only with my XD300, but I would like to know if anyone else is having the same problems after 4a in XD300.

Thanks,

Daniel Choi

Quote Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
    Hi Steve, I undestand that it could be any number of things, but AirPlay was working good with 3d update and now with 4a it's not working anymore (using the same router and the same network).
    Yep, that caught my eye in your post, and (along with the other report) is why I discussed it with QA this morning. So far, no more info though. (It might not be a bad idea to reapply the update, and then maybe try a new session.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Hi Daniel

I am similar to you on 450 Extreme on the 3d update stills and Videos played on airplay. could even play videos from iMac across wired network.

Now after update Tricaster shows as destination for airplay but no video or audio shows from iPhone or iMac. Strangely the photos from iPhone show up just fine, the photo app even shows tricaster1 and tricaster 2 as destinations. Video player only shows tricaster 2 as destination.

To check it was working in 3d I restored to factory - video plays from iPhone, apply 4a update video no longer plays from iPhone.

Alan Duplex
    Perth, Western Australia
    OutWest Pty Ltd
    outwest.com.au

Doing some more playing with airplay while trying to show a video from an ipod with iOS 4 I got this error from the tricaster.

After clearing the error I could still send photos but no video or audio.

Alan Duplex
    Perth, Western Australia
    OutWest Pty Ltd
    outwest.com.au
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Airplay Error Dialog.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	261.7 KB 
ID:	101362  

Quote Originally Posted by Ozybigal View Post
    Doing some more playing with airplay while trying to show a video from an ipod with iOS 4 I got this error from the tricaster.

After clearing the error I could still send photos but no video or audio.

Alan Duplex
    Perth, Western Australia
    OutWest Pty Ltd
    outwest.com.au
    Hi Alan,

I got the same error message! I restored XD300 to factory and reinstall 3d and Airplay is working again.
    I noticed that 4a has a much better audio quality and meters more precises. The streaming is also better, specially with multibitrate.
    4a is stable and video quality a little bit better (that I noticed). The only problems so far is with airplay and ivga.
    Before updating my XD850 I would like to know if anyone is having problem with airplay after the update.

Thanks,

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
    Hi Steve, I undestand that it could be any number of things, but AirPlay was working good with 3d update and now with 4a it's not working anymore (using the same router and the same network). Also iVGA after 4a update has now a little delay (about 1 second).
    Maybe the problem is only with my XD300, but I would like to know if anyone else is having the same problems after 4a in XD300.
    I'm having the same issue with AirPlay on our 850. Rev 3d worked, 4a doesn't. No other network or device changes... same iPad and iPhone.

I haven't used iVGA since the update, but, now that you mention it, I did notice a delay after going live from LiveText. I hadn't noticed that before.

I'm back in the office today, and am informed that this problem has been addressed in beta. Testing will follow before making a public revision, but if anyone (who isn't already working with QA) encounters this issue and feels the need for immediate assistance, please contact [email protected].
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast