Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Newtek Forum problem?

By standard generally the forum. comes first on a lot of sites ,tbh I do not care enough to let it bother me ,a change is comming ....plus I have my own forums to worry about ..only down side being a lot urls have been killed .....but I reckon there web guy can edit the htaccess and divert a lot of stuff.............
    Last edited by OnlineRender; 09-09-2011 at 06:15 AM.

older website was rather cluttered, this one is like you've moved into a new home and your belongings have yet to arrive in the van!
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead View Post
    older website was rather cluttered, this one is like you've moved into a new home and your belongings have yet to arrive in the van!

My first impressions too...I like the new design of it, but I would like to see it working a little bit more..

Funny how we cant cope wih mail servers(hotmail) or website´s not acessible for hours or a day.
    Getting abstinence here, what should we do without the digital world?

It´s actually pretty ridiculous, at such time you might as well be cast away on a desert island, all you need then is some coconuts, a skate to fix dental problems, and volleyball to chat with, Im sure my fat belly would decrease with the fish diet too

Michael

So just ...newtek.com redirects here for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    "Just look at all the cool stuff you can do with LightWave." I'm sorry? Isn't there a "YAY!" missing somewhere?
    YAY! (Happy now?)

Your age is showing, Oliver - but that's ok, so is mine. Maybe they're looking at a younger demographic, who knows. The bold words put me in mind of the 'tag clouds' you see on so many sites, maybe that's the notion they're going for, I don't know. I'm glad to see an update, regardless.

I do wish they'd let people know in advance, though. It's not MIS' fault, because they warned us a few days ago (sorry, it's not my place to pass this sort of news along). Maybe it was intended to be a pleasant surprise, but a bunch of 404's at 7:00 AM isn't my favorite kind of surprise.

Technical problems are not of my concern, it's in the works, and some links might even be different in the future, so what? Most links on the old page worked, this current page is definitely not done yet.
    Exactly. There's a large body of new work, and it will be phased in over a period of time. Doubtless it will all also take a little while to propagate out to the name servers. I doubt the sky will fall.

I will say one thing - starting yesterday I was seeing some truly phenomenal download speeds from the company servers. I sure hope that continues.
    Last edited by SBowie; 09-09-2011 at 07:03 AM.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

www.newtek.com currently redirects to chameleon.newtek.com
    HU?! That does not look very professional!
    Registration is not working either. I better hope that all this is going to work on Monday 10 am Austria time, when I will have to install a LW/VoluMedic license at a local client.
    Yes, my Avatar shows a volume rendering...
    VoluMedic Creative Edition only USD 299 !
    www.volumedic.com

http://reg.newtek.com/
    does work at least. Hopefully there wont be any glitches with that then...
    sigh...
    Yes, my Avatar shows a volume rendering...
    VoluMedic Creative Edition only USD 299 !
    www.volumedic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar Moelzer View Post
    http://reg.newtek.com/
    does work at least. Hopefully there wont be any glitches with that then...
    sigh...
    well it forgets your stored password so all is not rosey!

also the store page for lightwave 10.1 has the pre price increase cost of $895 rather than last week's price rise to $1495 and so this make everyone else such as resellers in other countries and even newtek europe appear as extremly expensive!
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead View Post
    also the store page for lightwave 10.1 has the pre price increase cost of $895 rather than last week's price rise to $1495 ...
    Thanks, I'll pass that along.
    Last edited by SBowie; 09-09-2011 at 07:47 AM.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Nice of them to let people know what is going on. I guess this is in keeping with their new policy of silence until a product is done.
    On the other hand, there is a nice new logo for the forum link in my favorites menu.
    Mac OS 10.10.5 Yosemite, 2.66 GHz Core 2 duo, 4 GB RAM,ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro

Wow; just like no newsletters (or news of any kind), they pull this switch all of a sudden. Not very professional at all. Did they even think about all the linking to threads, etc here being affected??
    When you know you're a "cup half-full" kind of guy:

"Sir; they've got us surrounded!"

"Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

I love how you guys do this at the first day of the IBC trade show, great work, especially the abundant 404 pages, movies that are on autoplay, lightbox panels that when clicked only go to the next image (not the actual page it is supposed to go) and empty pages with single memorable quotes like 'Hang tight, it's coming soon...'

Now i know from experience that a new site has its kinks to work out, but this feels like someone accidentally uploaded a site redesign proposal he was working on, the only thing missing is a couple of pages with Lorum Ipsum text.
    Seriously, this is like the Core reveal, only in HTML (or should i say, Joomla, judging by the nice standard favicon.), and with Core in mind, you'd think NT would have learned from prematurely releasing something.
    Last edited by Red_Oddity; 09-09-2011 at 09:49 AM.
    I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious. - Albert Einstein
    visit my company site : House of Secrets
    visit my personal site : svenneve.com

Yet another shambles! Surely most companies get the site set up locally before slapping it all over your site, complete with missing links and incomplete sections? Oh well! I'll go over to SpinQuad for a few days!

Newtek!!! We are your loyal customers, any chance you could let us know that all this was going on??

On another note, I like the new site design (didn't at first, but hey, it's grown on me)... nice and clean, and consistent throughout each product. Hope they don't keep the video section like that though, there could be millions of tabs for all of them. How about a tutorial tab, a siggraph tab, and maybe a 'latest' one too?
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Since it seems to be a WIP, could that please be fixed?
    I don't know what you're talking about.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99

Thumbs down timing is.............. everything

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Oddity View Post
    I love how you guys do this at the first day of the IBC trade show, great work, especially the abundant 404 pages, movies that are on autoplay, lightbox panels that when clicked only go to the next image (not the actual page it is supposed to go) and empty pages with single memorable quotes like 'Hang tight, it's coming soon...'
    Ooooof, that hurts.

All the technical foul ups can be excused (sorta), but the TIMING is totally under their control. If one has to update before a show, the deadline should be two weeks before the show.

+++++++++

I'm hoping the internal links issue can have a technical fix, as in a global search and replace on links.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast