Thread: SOFT Replays

SOFT Replays

Did my first show on the 850 over the weekend. All of the replays look soft. The live feed is fine but the DDR output is soft. This was a football game on a sunny day. Is there a setting that I am missing or something I need to do to clear this up? I'd like to record some full screen graphics and play them back later but I am concerned that they may not be readable due to this "softening". Any ideas out there?
    Thanks!

I guess you're using Timewarp for the replays?

Check the AUX-out configuration. Maybe you're producing in HD but you have the AUX configured for SD and that'll downconvert your replays to low definition, they look soft compared to the HD original. It's easy to forget to change that. I know we keep forgetting when we create a new session.

Otherwise, consider capturing using the High Profile mpeg-2 format, if you're not already.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Purdue Technologist vanderwielen's Avatar
    Make sure you always create a session that is the same as the standard of your cameras. as an example, NTSC in an HD session is very very soft.

Using the Time Warp. I'll go check the settings and tell you how it works. Thanks for the suggestions.

Steve, Should I be using the MPEG-2 format as a standard operating proceedure? Does using it affect the performance of the 850 at all?

Quote Originally Posted by philbtv View Post
    Steve, Should I be using the MPEG-2 format as a standard operating proceedure? Does using it affect the performance of the 850 at all?
    You mentioned you are running an 850 (so I assumed not an EXTREME). This means you have two choices of MPEG-2 format - the standard (compatibility) profile, and the high profile one. Both are good, but the latter is better (though less friendly with third-party software). Neither will overtax your system.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Yes, it is a NON Extreme 850. We are not running any third party software. I'll check the settings. I appreciate your help and all of the info available in the forums.