Thread: Texturing Nightmare!

Newbie Member

Texturing Nightmare!

I can not find an easy way to apply a normal texture(not UV) to an object without having the texture begin to scew and distort as soon as I move the object in modeler. I have world coordinates unchecked. Is this a software bug? I mean I never had this problem when I used Maya. Shouldn't this be easier? The object I am texturing is a column that I want to make copies of and move them all into position in a temple I am making.

make the copys in layout, i think this would work.

Originally posted by nicker
    I can not find an easy way to apply a normal texture(not UV) to an object without having the texture begin to scew and distort as soon as I move the object in modeler. I have world coordinates unchecked. Is this a software bug? I mean I never had this problem when I used Maya.
    Unlike Maya, Lightwave's modeler is a dedicated modeler - texture cordinates are based on 0,0,0 unless you use uv's.

Make one column then clone & move them in Layout. Then if you need to change the column, you only have to change one, and you won't have to move them into place again.
    Confirmed -
    No Weapons of Mass Destruction
    or links to Al Queda or 9/11. (Sep. 2003)