Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little help for a newbie

That's one of the files i had problem with. In this very unprofessional photo taken with my mobile phone on the program window there's the result i got.

Edit: i post the single link for the photo, because it doesn't auto resize that and i screwed up the board
    http://www.isbenz.com/upload/mosaico/IMAG0358.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by isbenz View Post
    That's one of the files i had problem with.
    Well, the good news (or bad news, depending on how you look at it) is that this file also misbehaves on my system. (I was expecting you to post a SpeedHQ file, but that's OK.)

This file appears to be an uncompressed (BGR32) 32bit AVI, and it shows the same display issue on my system as yours. Interestingly, I re-encoded it (without any changes whatsoever) using the identical format (AVI BGR32) on my system, and it plays perfectly. I cannot discern any difference in the details of the two files apart from the fact that mine plays and yours doesn't.

I also re-encoded it as a 32bit SpeedHQ file, and that plays just fine on TriCaster too. I've attached it for you to test (unzipped, it's just 6MB megs, which is a little handier than the 270+ of your AVI).

I'm not entirely sure what to make of this, except a tentative observation that your graphics system seems to mess up the encoding of at last some AVIs, some of the time. Just for fun, you might try a Quicktime. You could use the Quicktime Animation codec, or uncompressed (Animation is very lightly compressed), or my preference - PNG. (Be sure to use the "24 million colors +" option, to get an embedded alpha channel).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shq_grab.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	317.2 KB 
ID:	97866  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SBowie; 08-31-2011 at 06:45 AM.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Well, first of all thank you for your time.

The reason why I'm not using the Speed HQ codecs is because i had the "Com Surrogate stopped working" issue both on my machine and on the Tricaster.

A man from the NewTek will come in the next days to take a good look at this.
    Bottomline, i had the same weird issue also with some files encoded with the Speed HQ. So, we are right to say my system is messing up some random files.

I'm now using for today the Quicktime PNG. Considerably smaller and perfectly fine on the program.
    Still, a bit boring having to use the adobe media encoder and not the render queue (weirdly, quicktime doesn't display in my after effect... :/ ) but way better of course if you look at files dimension!

The reason why I'm not using the Speed HQ codecs is because i had the "Com Surrogate stopped working" issue both on my machine and on the Tricaster.
    Yeah, that's what I was going to check.

Still, a bit boring having to use the adobe media encoder and not the render queue (weirdly, quicktime doesn't display in my after effect... :/ ) but way better of course if you look at files dimension
    ... probably because there is no 64bit version of the Quicktime codecs as of yet (or wasn't last time I checked).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12