Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newtek releases 850TW - new TimeWarp

Thank you for that explanation Steve, one further question when the 850 TW is partnered with the XD850 can it record any camera input or program out only?

Many thanks

With an 850, as always you have the choice or recording Program or Aux - and Aux can be any single camera, or pretty much anything else. But also as always, you can capture just one video source, so if you chop that up into clips using TW, you'll probably want to rig up an external recording mechanism to capture an uninterrupted copy of your program. As I mentioned, with EXTREME, this isn't necessary (not that a backup external capture setup is ever a bad idea).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thought some might like to know that there's a brief glimpse of the new 850TW in this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpLNd...layer_embedded
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks for that explanation Steve looks I have somethings else to add to my budget for next year.

Is there anything the new 850TW can do that the TW42 can't? From the pictures it looks like just an update of the TW42 to follow the ergonomics of the 850CS.

Also.. Maybe is just that picture, but it looks like it's got a jog wheel but not a shuttle ring for quick transport, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by NachoJimenez View Post
    Is there anything the new 850TW can do that the TW42 can't?
    The functions of the two control surfaces are pretty similar. One thing the 850TW has that's new it the T-Bar, which works like the one on the 3Play 3P-10, allowing you to accelerate or decelerate during playback.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoJimenez View Post
    Also.. Maybe is just that picture, but it looks like it's got a jog wheel but not a shuttle ring for quick transport, doesn't it?
    You're right, there's no shuttle ring, or mode. Instead, a nearby Fast Jog qualifier has been added. When depressed, the jog rate is increased by 8X.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Will the 850 TW allow you to address 2 different camera angles in the 450 extreme of the 4 that are being recorded? How ? Can one DDR input be from the effects row and another DDR input be from the aux row or clean program?

Can these 2 DDR feeds be used for slo mo replay and just record program externally?

Can 1 Time Warp (TW42) be used to control 2 DDRs playing back Slo-Mo in the 450 extreme?

Can 2 TW42s be connected to the 450 Extreme and use those to control 2 channels of slo mo replays?

Lastly about slow motion - The manual says you can change what the DDR records in the 300 but the menu to change it from program to effects row does not come up on the 300 I checked at 2 different schools.

Can someone tell me each step to use to get the 300 to send the aux row or effects row to DDR 1 or DDR2?

Thanks
    Jim
    Roads?...Where we're going you don't need roads!

Quote Originally Posted by jimhouston View Post
    Will the 850 TW allow you to address 2 different camera angles in the 450 extreme of the 4 that are being recorded? How ?
    It doesn't have any onboard ability to choose angles, but if you assign AUX to primary, and FX to Aux, you could use the FX selection to determine what camera is addressed. With a 450 CS, that could work fairly well.

Can one DDR input be from the effects row and another DDR input be from the aux row or clean program
    No. You can change which DDR is targeted on the fly, but the TW only controls one record stream (Primary).

Can 1 Time Warp (TW42) be used to control 2 DDRs playing back Slo-Mo in the 450 extreme?
    A TW-42 is pretty similar in operation, apart from the missing T-bar.

Can 2 TW42s be connected to the 450 Extreme and use those to control 2 channels of slo mo replays?
    No. (I'm really starting to think you need a 3Play.)

Can someone tell me each step to use to get the 300 to send the aux row or effects row to DDR 1 or DDR2?
    You can capture on a 300, which means 850 TW (or TW-42) can work with Aux - but on a 300, Aux is always an SD copy of Program out, so it doesn't really get you anything you need in this context I don't think. (BTW, I replied to all the earlier questions with reference to 450 EXTREME, since that's what you initially asked about.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Paired with a 300, is there any real advantage of the 850 TW over a TW-42? (Besides the nifty t-bar, that is.)

-steve

That aside, the functionality is quite similar, if not identical. The newer TW is also a completely updated hardware design, but this is probably mostly of interest in that its profile and size match the newer CS, and I suspect in most cases would not prompt changing from for the other.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Helps if I look at the post origination date... Geez
    Last edited by GeekNews; 09-05-2012 at 03:12 AM.
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    [email protected]
    http://geeknewscentral.com

TriCaster: TC1 / 860 AE / Mini AE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12