Thread: HLS Video encoding on the Tricaster?

HLS Video encoding on the Tricaster?

My Client and I are working with Brightcove on a live streaming project. As part of my client's efforts to provide video to widest variety of devices including IOS we've been talking with Brightcove support and they indicate in order to do that we need to supply them with an HLS video stream. They indicate that only the 850 is able to output such a stream.

I have the Tricaster 300 which apparently cannot provide the stream. Does NewTek plan on a software update that will allow older versions of the TC to provide such a stream? or do I go with a cloud or hardware base encoder to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Kirk Fuller
    Fuller Digital Media

streaming solution

Hello,

as solution is to setup a wowza streaming server on the ec2 amazon cloud network.
    The wowza server can deliver flash and mobile version of the stream to the delivery network.

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Before you go to the complexity of setting up a server to do translation... Kirk, I can assure you that most versions of the TriCaster (TriCaster 100 excluded) can indeed send a stream capable of supporting the iOS platform. All you need to do is create a flash profile that is Baseline 3.0, H.264 with AAC audio. You will need to buy the AAC audio codec plugin from MainConcept for $180 and install it on the TriCaster you want to originate the stream with. Create the specific flash profile for the iOS platform and just hit stream. BrightCove should be able to handle everything else from there.

Even the XD series of the TriCasters need the AAC audio plugin to be able to stream to iOS devices. None come ready out of the box.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Thanks!

Thanks for the two replies. I did get the plug in and set it up as you suggest but did not have the chance to try it out yet on the Brightcove side. Pizazz can I ping you if I need some help?

Thanks again to you both.