Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ridley Scott to do a BLADE RUNNER sequel...

Ridley Scott to do a BLADE RUNNER sequel...

After revisiting his classic Alien with the upcoming 3D Fox film Prometheus, Ridley Scott is committing to direct and produce a film that advances his other seminal and groundbreaking science fiction film. Scott has signed on to direct and produce a new installment of Blade Runner.

WHOLLE MOLEY!

http://m.deadline.com/2011/08/ridley...-blade-runner/
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Blog Entries
    Not another remake ..... O. M. G. ...

Will they ever think about making something from scratch... No

That would be to Logical, and easy...

Glad I cut the cord on cable TV...

Its Official I am a Cord Cutter...

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX TRX40-E GAMING Rev 1.xx
    1 x Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core - 3690 MHz (32 cores, 64 threads) Fractal S36 AIO
    131072 MB DDR4 DIMM 2133 MHz (8 of 8 slots)

Two sequel books have already been written by K. W. Jetter (still avalilable at Amazon)
    For Is and Is-not though with Rule and Line
    And UP-AND-DOWN by Logic I define,
    Of all that one should care to fathom, I
    was never deep in anything but--Wine.

there were actually three sequel books but apparently the third book never made it to the US - and wasnt really about Deckerd, but a female Bladerunner going after Tyrells owl or something like that. been looking for it for ages.

the original movie is different enough from the novel that they could just go off in their own direction and it'd probably be great.

- Will.
    "All those with Psychokinesis, raise my hand."
    - The Doctor.
    The Room With No Doors
    by Kate Orman.

Cool fingers crossed he doesn't mess it up. If I have faith in anyone doing those two classics justice surely it's with RS at the helm.

I wonder ... will there be a "special" US version again ?

So much inspiration in Hollywood lately... NOT! This really sucks.

We only get sequels and prequels or marvel these days. Ah yes, we got DC Comics now too .

I dont think it´s so bad at all. Bladerunner is for sure one of a few movies that really deserve to become a sequel/prequel or whatever...

I agree that there are a lot of sequels, prequels and marvel movies in the last time, but at least a few of them have been very good in my opinion.

There's plenty of original, from-scratch movies. It just seems like there aren't because we don't go see them. We just go see sequels, prequels and Marvel.

I didn't cut the cable for Game of Thrones and Alphas.

I'm not too excited because, as good as the movie was, it completed its story. Same feeling as with Bioshock 2.

borkalork BORKALORK! biliousfrog's Avatar
    There's a very good reason why we get constant remakes and reboots rather than new stuff...it makes money and is very low risk. I can't say that I like it but it's understandable.

Think back to when Bladerunner was released, we had a handful of TV stations (3 in the UK), VHS releases could take over a year and a night at the movies was still something exciting...forward to now and we have hundreds of TV channels, video on demand, streaming videos online, DVD/BluRay releases within 3 months, video game tie-ins, dedicated movie magazines, not to mention pirate releases while a movie is still at the cinema (or before)...

Considering all the mediums that people can view movies now, is it surprising that a production company would reboot an existing franchise, with an established fanbase and many, many years of promotional opportunities, rather than attempt to do something new?...it would be like a little fish in a big ocean and there's not exactly a lot of spare cash floating around at the moment to gamble with.

Game of Thrones is superb!

Why don't they make a movie of Magic The Gathering? That would be awesome and they can add as much special effects as they possibly can .

World's Tallest Dwarf safetyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by COBRASoft View Post
    Game of Thrones is superb!
    :agree: +100 -- Love that show; can't wait for season 2!!!!

Hollywood is all about safe bets, or movies that don't cost very much (chick flicks) but expect to equal or better their return. Plus, even if a movie sux, they can make a lot of money on DVD/blue ray sales. I really, really detest all the reboots; Batman, superman, spiderman (hmmm a trend), etc. The Nightmare on Elm Street remake was an absolute disaster.

That being said, I have supreme confidence in Ridley Scott. He doesn't do crap IMO.

Game of Thrones sucks... all my free time .

Quote Originally Posted by safetyman View Post
    I really, really detest all the reboots; Batman, superman, spiderman (hmmm a trend), etc.
    To be fair, even the Comic creators have rebooted these series time and time again. If they didn't, then Batman would now be well over 100 years old and would have retired ages ago. Similar thing with Spider-man, Superman, etc... Then you have the "continuity" series, like Crisis on Infinite Earths (so the comic makers can kill off story lines and start up new ones).

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    To be fair, even the Comic creators have rebooted these series time and time again. If they didn't, then Batman would now be well over 100 years old and would have retired ages ago.
    There's a bit of that which is true, but I also think that from a monthly publication standpoint a single issue takes place over a day or so in the lives of the characters so even over 50 years how much has that character aged?

As the point was made earlier, Hollywood likes safe bets. Something that has already made money is more likely to make money again, rather than an un-established property. If we didn't keep proving them right they would undoubtedly change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast