Thread: copy and paste character setup keys

Newbie Member

copy and paste character setup keys

Hi guys,

need some help!

Have got a nice setup working but would like to copy selected keys from certain parts of the anim and paste them later on in time. And of course all of this for multiple objects without copying every single keyframe by hand. Hope that wasn't to difficult to understand!

thanks in advance

Rick

multi-select the objects.

go to the graph editor.

under the menu: Selection > Get Layout Selected

this will put all the channels in your bin.

select all channels in the bin.

select the desired keyframes in the graph editor by RIGHT CLICK DRAG (note: depending on the number of channels and keys you have selected, it may take a while to refresh).

once keys have been selected, RIGHT CLICK DRAG again. you will see keys being 'ghosted'. move your mouse to desired time. release the RMB to drop them into place. make sure that your mouse cursor is NOT touching any of the channels when you release. this applies if you are copying keys from multiple channels. if you're copying keys from one channel, then you MUST have your mouse cursor on the curve before releasing the mouse button.

furthemore: i have a script that does automatically. if the GE is too slow, drop me a line:

[email protected]
    "The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation." - C.S. Lewis

Newbie Member
    thanks very much, works a treat although might I add only after pressing the CTRL key at the same time.