Thread: Blank VPR

Blank VPR

Anyone know why VPR will just start rendering BLANK solid color??

Have had this on all kinds of scenes.. And a closing lightwave and reload does not work.. the VPR will render like that all the time from that point on.. And to make it worst.. if you move the VPR to other viewports they will start to render BLANK also after awhile..

Anyone know if there is a cache or something in the scene file that is making this happen.. Can't be the machine cause I can load it on the another machine I have here and it will do the same thing..

Driving me nuts..
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates - "I Drank What??"

Did you try to delete your config files and re starting LW?

Yes I sure did.. Setting up everything again and start working and a few minutes later VPR is rendering BLANK again... This is not even loading and saving of a scene or closing lightwave.. Just adjusting things like surfaces, HV, Backdrop colors.. Very simple scene.. Funny thing is I load the scene back in 10 and VPR works perfect.. 10.1 VPR breaking all over the place.. Something is getting lost somewhere.. Just trying to track it down so I can bug it.. Wondering if peeps are having the same issues..

And deleting configs should NEVER be a solution! There is something wrong here.. It needs to be tracked down..

Hmm, maybe there is a config mixup. LW10.1 using configs of a 10.0 installation on the same machine? They are not compatible with each other.
    Deleting your configs is at least a solution if you run into such an issue.
    Also, what does your scene look like? Maybe there is an issue with that?
    When it stops rendering, can you make it render with a different scene?
    Yes, my Avatar shows a volume rendering...
    VoluMedic Creative Edition only USD 299 !
    www.volumedic.com

Main machine has only 10.1 configs on it. My other machine has 10 configs. Both setups on each machine are the same. The scene is super simple. Nothing out of the ordinary. Heck not even a texture image in the scene. And no, if I load another scene and try to use VPR they will not render. Something strange is happening internally.

Can you simplify a scene that doesn't work and post it here?

Thanks.
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

https://www.lightwave3d.com/

LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

My YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee