Page 77 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1402

Thread: IBounce open beta

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis View Post
    Is what we see you happening to the objects recordable and able to be repeatable in playback and then able to be rendered as a sequence of animation frames?
    Not in this first version of AP. It's going to be strictly a placement tool. But I have designed it so that recording and playback of physics simulations will be possible in the future.

-Steve

LOL!!! Dude i'm Running out of Drool! Let the money Speak so you can hire an assistant to deal with "mac" versions and what not!
    RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!!

Throath is Dry...no Drool....Arghhhh!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Samus View Post
    LOL!!! Dude i'm Running out of Drool! Let the money Speak so you can hire an assistant to deal with "mac" versions and what not!
    RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!!

Throath is Dry...no Drool....Arghhhh!!!!!
    Hehe, sorry about your throat, Samus, I'm pretty close now to releasing the final beta for testing. I had to drop support for PhysX and Bullet on the Mac for now.

I just discovered that SubDProxy kindly released some nice tree and plant models and I knocked off a couple of painting demos using them.

TreeLine
    QuickForest

-Steve
    Web
    AdvancedPlacement

so it's close to a release?
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Great, a must have plugin. But it is important to have ability to change view of instances to for example wireframe, points cloud or box in situations when many polygons heavy instances will be painted - like standard instancer can do. With ability to view different preview color for each instance type.
    - Architectural Visualizations -

Quote Originally Posted by hurley View Post
    ... I had to drop support for PhysX and Bullet on the Mac for now.

-Steve
    Web
    AdvancedPlacement
    that's bad news, but is it something which could get fixed over time or a definitive systemic issue?

so will there be a feature limited release for mac? because of not having seen any beta or demo it's hard to say, but i guess this still could be an extremely useful tool even without those features...

still looking forward...

cheers

markus
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

that's bad news, but is it something which could get fixed over time or a definitive systemic issue?
    There's still support for the Newton physics engine on the Mac so that Mac version is full featured. And if I wasn't afraid of having all my eggs in one basket and had to choose just one engine, Newton would be the one. I'll probably be able to add PhysX support once PhysX 3.3 is out of beta. I can compile Bullet on the Mac but I can't get AP to link to it due to some maddening nonsensical error I'm getting in XCode.

When I release this next beta, there will be a Mac beta too.

-Steve

3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

Is this creating instances or actually cloning geometry? I assume it doesn't detect collisions between the clones/instances? Meaning you will have intersecting geometry if you look closely enough.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

from what i see, yep, it's intersecting... good question though, it'd be nice if they didn't...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by nickdigital View Post
    Is this creating instances or actually cloning geometry? I assume it doesn't detect collisions between the clones/instances? Meaning you will have intersecting geometry if you look closely enough.
    In the videos, it's instances being generated but there is an option for clones as well.

There is some simple collision detection going on while painting in that the next instance won't be drawn until it's not intersecting the previous one ( unless the gap multiplier is less than 1 ). You can see that in the first video where line of trees is being painted. But otherwise there is no collision detection happening so yes you can have lots of intersecting geometry. I've looked into no collision freehand painting and it's not an easy thing to implement so it's probably not going to make the first release of AP.

-Steve

Thanks for the info!
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

Very very impressive. Much more tempting compared to the standard method. It looks like a must have.
    Next, I`m going to think out loud:
    - I was thinking to a work around to the instances collision detection. Seeing that clones have collision detection (being actual objects I suppose), would it be possible to replace all the clones with instances after the replicating/cloning process is finished? something like an internal list of the created clones which can be used as a placement guide for the instances.
    - Do the clones/instances have a default naming convention? Would it be possible to use custom naming conventions? maybe some sort of prefix/base/suffix input fields?
    - Painting presets: would it be possible to save the settings when painting or using the clump method? Example: Painting grass, trees or pebbles: Having different presets regarding "size of the brush" (I figured that count x density=volume size) and the source object, I was thinking that workflow wise, will speed up the things considerably, and maybe will give a more natural feeling. Just "change the brushes" while you paint and you not only finish faster but you can easier concentrate your attention to the final output.
    - If I`ve done something wrong or I change my mind, can I delete certain instances? This might be a really noob question. I didn`t used yet instances in LW11.
    - One other idea would be to use more than one source object, maybe a source folder on disk, and use percentage for each object and save it as a preset too. The same approach like the previous example, but this time maybe having multiple colors for the grass blades and being able to paint dominant colors/concentrations in different areas, with abrupt or gradual transitions according to the way the presets were used.

Maybe some of the ideas might not be possible/realistic, but I thought it doesn`t hurt.
    Again, the Advanced Placement plugin looks brilliant. Looking forward for the beta/final release.

P.S. - Glad you`re well after the surgery. All the best.

I don`t wanna look to picky, but I do have one concern is regarding the plugin interface. This is a general Lightwave problem.
    Workflow and speed wise, a good interface will help a lot. It will be really great to have a tab just for presets. To be more precise, a space/list similar to LWCad presets where you can pick very fast the object you want to paint. And in the same tab another space/list to choose a preset for your "brush". Usually, to paint these kind of scene objects you have to use quite a great variety of objects. The more you use, the better for the final output.

Also, having the option to enlarge the plugin window while working will be a great addition. The Scene Manager is by far my favorite interface element in Lightwave. Having a drop-down list, you always have to click twice: to expand the drop-down list and to select your choice. Terrible. Maybe replacing the drop-down list with a tab for every tool will make a bit of room for presets?

This tool looks very very promising and I think it`ll be a shame not to take advantage from a very generous and user friendly interface. Having a workflow oriented interface will increase the value of the plugin and will make our life easier. If somehow I sound to harsh I apologize for that. I know it`s not as easy as it seams to create UIs.

Quote Originally Posted by nickdigital View Post
    I took another stab at painting with collision detection and had some success this time. So now when Collision Detection mode is on, AP will change it's behavior when the user attempts to place an instance(or clone) where it will intersect other objects. First it will rotate the instance around it's up axis for 1 degree for a user specified number of degrees. If the rotation does not keep the instance from intersecting others, then AP will begin shrinking the instance down to a size specified by the user. If there's still collisions going on after rotating and shrinking then AP will not place the instance at the spot where the user clicked on.

The rotating and shrinking probably won't be that useful in all situations. But I think they will be very handy for landscape stuff where size and rotation isn't as important as getting good fill. You can disable those actions by leaving them at there default settings of 0.0 and 1.0f respectively.

Here's a little demo. I don't have brush strokes implemented yet but it's a coming.

-Steve
    Last edited by hurley; 08-14-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Page 77 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast