Thread: Animation Store Question

Animation Store Question

When Using the Animation Store Creator software, does anyone know if you can load non-linear sequences?

I'm making a 60 frame wipe that has a 20 frame hold in the middle. Can I make a sequence of frames 1-20, then 41-60? I know LightWave supports this. If I load it into the Animation Store will that be recognized as a 60 frame sequence?

I'm rendering the frames right now, with all 20 hold frames, but after I create the wipe, I'll try not including the hold frames, and see what happens. If someone else has already done this, I won't bother.

Thanks

Bob Anderson

I can't say for sure, Bob, but suspect it won't work.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

These frames I'm rendering are taking FOREVER... but as I said, I'll test it once they're done.

Bob

OF course, you can manually copy the hold frame (as you would know - just for others).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I split the sequence, and Animation Store Creator only loaded 1-21, and ignored the latter frames. I suppose that might be a feature request?

Bob

You know what else would be a cool feature? An invert button on the transition layer! I'm just getting around to playing with this for the first time, and I reversed the black and white!

Another question. I tried loading in just the transition layer, and it only opened one frame. It didn't see the sequence until I added the overlay. What if I want to make an olde timey wipe like on the Amiga, and I only want the transition pass? ( think the first group of Kiki wipes )

Bob

I'm personally not a fan of that.

My reasoning is that it's not the behavior you'd expect 99% of the time and that 20 missing frames is a lot easier to spot than a single repeated frame if you happen to be missing one accidentally.
    John Perkins
    Software Engineer

"No, it's my natural color..."

Quote Originally Posted by bob anderson View Post
    Another question. I tried loading in just the transition layer, and it only opened one frame. It didn't see the sequence until I added the overlay. What if I want to make an olde timey wipe like on the Amiga, and I only want the transition pass? ( think the first group of Kiki wipes )

Bob
    That's done on purpose.

Because of the way the rendered effects are stored, it's incredibly inefficient to just use these for a wipe and you might even see flaws where we expect the edge to be covered by an overlay.

In fact, the application won't allow you to create them without an overlay sequence.

You'd still need the solid color overlay anyway to recreate the Kiki FX or else you wouldn't see "Kiki".

If you really, really want to make wipes even after all of these problems, you can load a transparent overlay sequence, but be aware that they will take a lot of switcher memory for little payoff and may not look 100% as you would expect.
    John Perkins
    Software Engineer

"No, it's my natural color..."

Quote Originally Posted by bob anderson View Post
    You know what else would be a cool feature? An invert button on the transition layer! I'm just getting around to playing with this for the first time, and I reversed the black and white!
    I thought about requesting that... and then thought I learned my lesson the first time so I don't really need it anymore. But it wouldn't hurt I suppose in case I forget.

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by kltv View Post
    I thought about requesting that... and then thought I learned my lesson the first time so I don't really need it anymore. But it wouldn't hurt I suppose in case I forget.

Kris
    My thought exactly.

John:

As soon as I started reading what you posted, I thought... I could make a 100% transparent sequence. I know there will be issues because the transition layer doesn't support alpha, it's more like a clip map.

Thanks for the replies,

Bob Anderson