Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hypervoxels letter writing campaign

Seriously, are people going to participate? I see so much criticism of Lightwave concerning lack of features or current good features that might be broken, less than they were in previous versions, or less than they could be. Then I see criticism of NewTek for not responding to these issues, and for missing opportunities regarding marketing and promotion.

Much of this is true, but I also see that NewTek is one of the most responsive companies I have dealt with, especially in instant, relevant and often humors replies to problems posted on their own forum. I see this letter writing campaign as a means to do something more tangible and personal than just more web drivel. I'll bet they really do enjoy getting hand written letters, and will certain remember it much more distinctly than...oh look, another 200 emails to skim through.

Just 25 letters about Hypervoxels. Just 25 letters...
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

would it be better to address them to somebody specific as apposed to the generic newtek address? say possibly Rob? or maybe Andrew Cross?
    or maybe to the head honcho himself?

anybody remember back-in-the-day all those campaigns to save tv series
    that had been canceled (angel, Firefly, etc etc) People would send along something semi related to the cause (Bottles of hot sauce is the only one
    that seems to jump to mind). Maybe we should do something like that? heh.

So what product kinda reminds one of Hypervoxels? I was thinking Silly Putty for some odd reason....

anywho, count me in.

- Will.
    "All those with Psychokinesis, raise my hand."
    - The Doctor.
    The Room With No Doors
    by Kate Orman.

Steve, with whom do you think we might have success in writing?
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Good Idea, who knows it might work this time, I'd like to send a steaming pile of Hypervoxles but since that is illegal, Cotton balls would be an interesting idea, since HVs look a lot like them even when there not supposed to. Imagine if every Lightwave user sent a couple of balls....
    For Is and Is-not though with Rule and Line
    And UP-AND-DOWN by Logic I define,
    Of all that one should care to fathom, I
    was never deep in anything but--Wine.

Animator/Compositor wibly wobly's Avatar
    I forget when hypervoxes first came into LW. was it 6 or 7? either way, it's one of the things that has basically sat idle for a very, very long time. it's worth a shot. for all we know however, they're implementing some kind of bullet fluid sim into the next update so all this could very well be a mute point.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman300 View Post
    Good Idea, who knows it might work this time, I'd like to send a steaming pile of Hypervoxles but since that is illegal, Cotton balls would be an interesting idea, since HVs look a lot like them even when there not supposed to. Imagine if every Lightwave user sent a couple of balls....
    Cool! Light weight, compressible through the mail system equipment, and effective visual aid. Excellent idea! Excellent...

Write your letter, put in cotton balls, write HV on the corner of the envelope and send to:

NewTek, Inc.
    5131 Beckwith Blvd.
    San Antonio, TX 78249

I don't quite know how we will tackle Bones...
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by wibly wobly View Post
    I forget when hypervoxes first came into LW. was it 6 or 7? either way, it's one of the things that has basically sat idle for a very, very long time. it's worth a shot. for all we know however, they're implementing some kind of bullet fluid sim into the next update so all this could very well be a mute point.
    Like you just said, it's been a moot point since 6 or 7....so by all rites you should write right now, alright! Word!
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

HV's were first a purchaseably plugin for LW 5(.6?) - I got it with my Newtek Graphics bundle.
    [mr] Dana W. Burman | http://dwburman.com
    Motion Graphics for sale at Pond5 Stock Footage
    Check out my tutorials at Liberty3d.com & my YouTube channel!

Quote Originally Posted by dwburman View Post
    HV's were first a purchaseably plugin for LW 5(.6?) - I got it with my Newtek Graphics bundle.
    Yes, it was the most excited I think I had ever been about a plug in, that and Steamer.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

Bump

Did you write your letter?
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

hehe, if you keep going like this i might, LoL... :]
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    hehe, if you keep going like this i might, LoL... :]
    Like I said, just wait until we get to bones...what will NewTek get in the mail then?
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

Im curious why Newtek has choosen to neglect the hypervoxels system, If someone here at the forums really understand the reasons for that being so, Maybe only then youré able to do something about it?

Is it that wrong people have gotten the forwarded feature requests, or to little people in the development team is unaware..or is it the simple fact that Newtek is very aware of it, but decides to put it on hold because there are more important issues to deal with and lay a foundation for before Hypervoxels.

Or is it Lack of knowledge in the development team for dealing with it?

Or simply..Newteks dev team thinks, the Hypervoxels stands up very well and simply isnīt in need of any updates for a while, and therefore takes a completly different view on the issue than many users here?

Im most sure Itīs something of the mentioned above.

Im working on a graphic mind map, I will expand with images on the topics within that map..a little later.

check the image and see if I am missing something you would like to see and explain a little about it in such case.

I doubt that writing a real letter would do that much thou, not sure ..it might, Im not in the mood thou to go through the postal service and stamps etc.

In the digital world, we can do certain things, write mail to the right people..or to as many of the adresses to newtek you can find, and it wonīt be enough with a few users,( a drop wouldnt break a wall..a flood might)
    Also flooding the forum with lotīs of threads might be annoying..and you should do something about annoying things donīt you.

Michael
    http://vimeo.com/user680656
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hypervoxels system Mind map.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	97214  

bit off topic, http://vimeo.com/27361681 (did you try VPR?)
     
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast