Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hypervoxels letter writing campaign

Hypervoxels letter writing campaign

I am going to write a real letter on paper and send it to NewTek asking that Hypervoxels be tended to.

Here is what I want.

Proper blending of all states of HVs, surface, volume and sprites. Can you get rid of that "puffball" appearance?

Artifacts appear when HVs are used to replicate rocks on the ground. If the HVs intersect any object I use as "the ground" artifacts appear that change from frame to frame. (I will include screen captures printed out on paper.)

Better interaction with lights, more than just having two selectable.

I encourage other users to do the same. Let's get at least 25 users to write a letter regarding Hypervoxels and our woes.

Here is their mailing address.

NewTek, Inc.
    5131 Beckwith Blvd.
    San Antonio, TX 78249
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Worked with Motorola...

I'll participate.
    Robert Wilson
    i-7-4770k @3.5ghz, Titan, GTX 1660 Ti, et al

Quote Originally Posted by UnCommonGrafx View Post
    Worked with Motorola...

I'll participate.
    Excellent, the three I mentioned are the most troubling aspects of HVs I experience, do be sure to list your own in addition to mine if you experience them too.

Feel free to post this on other relevant forums.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

But paper is so antiecological. Multiply it by all the LW users sending several pages, printed pictures, envelopes...

Why not create an online petition? http://www.petitions24.com , http://www.petitiononline.com/ , http://www.petitionspot.com or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
    But paper is so antiecological. Multiply it by all the LW users sending several pages, printed pictures, envelopes...

Why not create an online petition? http://www.petitions24.com , http://www.petitiononline.com/ , http://www.petitionspot.com or something like that
    Because "online petitions" don't make a pile when dumped upon a desk...and aren't these very forums an unheard online petition?
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

...put a rock in the envelope, or some hypervoxels...

ps, dont use Hypervoxels for rocks, use instancing instead.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    ...put a rock in the envelope, or some hypervoxels...

ps, dont use Hypervoxels for rocks, use instancing instead.
    Instancing isn't really practical for large landscapes like Mars. HVs used to work perfectly for such.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

instancing is perfect for this, much better than hypervoxels :]

instancing is perfect for this, much better than hypervoxels :]
    But I don't have to model any rocks with HVs, and with instancing it the same rocks over and over.

Believe me, I have been doing rocks on Mars for over 10 years now, HVs were the bee's knees for this.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

HVs can be good, just thought it would be extremely slow...

HVs can be good, just thought it would be extremely slow...
    So, did you write your letter? Mine goes the mail tomorrow!
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

Add in sizing, coloring, transparency ect based on nearest neighbors (radius bound with fall offs, meaning gradients) as well as local density.

True 'transfer functions' for coloring and transparency the above needs in place before transfer functions will work to their fullest potential.

There's also still a VL bug in 10.1 with VPR enabled when using distance to camera and other distance gradients. PLEASE FIX!
    Then there's my big nemesis particle/HV limit. 1million is just a small quick test case for me. I have no illusions that having the ability to deal with the 30 billion I'm generating right now can be done in realtime. Although even in IDL I get results in less then 10 minutes per snapshot file (think frames) and IDL is the slowest, ugliest, piece of crap language/app in the scientific viz world.
    Tim - aurora - Dunn
    WorkStation: AMD64 2x2.8 Ghz / 8gb RAM / Win7-64bit / NVidia GTX 560 Ti

Laptop: Intel i7 8x2Ghz / 16 Gb Ram / WIn7-64bit / GeForce 540M (8.17.12.6780)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora View Post
    Add in sizing, coloring, transparency ect based on nearest neighbors (radius bound with fall offs, meaning gradients) as well as local density.

True 'transfer functions' for coloring and transparency the above needs in place before transfer functions will work to their fullest potential.

There's also still a VL bug in 10.1 with VPR enabled when using distance to camera and other distance gradients. PLEASE FIX!
    Then there's my big nemesis particle/HV limit. 1million is just a small quick test case for me. I have no illusions that having the ability to deal with the 30 billion I'm generating right now can be done in realtime. Although even in IDL I get results in less then 10 minutes per snapshot file (think frames) and IDL is the slowest, ugliest, piece of crap language/app in the scientific viz world.

Nope nope, write a letter on paper and mail it to NewTek, emails and posts don't weigh anything.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    Because "online petitions" don't make a pile when dumped upon a desk...and aren't these very forums an unheard online petition?
    A pile of dead trees

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
    A pile of dead trees
    You don't have to participate, yet you will benefit. Now participate!
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast