Thread: Lightwave and LiveSet Q's

Lightwave and LiveSet Q's

Hi All,

So I started at a new job where I need to register my lightwave in order to be able to download the liveset generator. However, it appears my predecessor has taken it upon himself to lose or keep the dongle with the lock ID. Anyone have the generator they can send me or a code I can use. Newtek said they can't help me unless I have the dongle.

Also, Anyone know how to make a liveset with my own background that allows me to still have a monitor I can control with the effects bus?

HELP PLEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by studioemily View Post
    So I started at a new job where I need to register my lightwave in order to be able to download the liveset generator. However, it appears my predecessor has taken it upon himself to lose or keep the dongle with the lock ID. Anyone have the generator they can send me or a code I can use. Newtek said they can't help me unless I have the dongle.
    The dongle itself is really the physicial 'token of ownership' of your LW licence. If the license belonged to the former employee, it's his. If it didn't then, in essence, he stole it. Even if the copy was (improperly) registered in his name, but the company can demonstrate ownership (as by receipts, etc.), I think you can probably get this sorted out with the help of Customer Service. For example, they might issue another dongle (some cost involved) and de-list the product ID for the 'stolen copy. This is not a simple matter mind you, and they can't just take someone's word for it (for all they know, the company gave the software to the guy as part of his contract) ~ but I think you'd have a fair shot if you can explain and document the matter.

Otherwise, it's really a theft, and your recourse is your insurance policy. At the end of the day, the software won't run without a dongle.

Also, Anyone know how to make a liveset with my own background that allows me to still have a monitor I can control with the effects bus?
    That's fairly straightforward, but it would be helpful to know which TriCaster model you have.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I have a tricaster studio. Do I need lightwave to do this or can it be done in Photoshop say?

I have a tricaster studio. Do I need lightwave to do this or can it be done in Photoshop say?
    For a LiveSet that will work with Studio, you will need either LW or Aura.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Steve,
    I can only speak in the past tense, but NewTek would usually issue a new dongle ( at the time I believe they charged $100 ) if you had solid proof of purchase.

Bob Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by bob anderson View Post
    NewTek would usually issue a new dongle ( at the time I believe they charged $100 ) if you had solid proof of purchase.
    ... which is why I wrote "Even if the copy was (improperly) registered in his name, but the company can demonstrate ownership (as by receipts, etc.), I think you can probably get this sorted out with the help of Customer Service."
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator