Thread: Two questions (issues) with TC

Question Two questions (issues) with TC

Do you know why this is happening, a half line on the recorded files (mpeg) and on the stream using TC Studio (FME)? (see the picture)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	half-line-prob.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	466.8 KB 
ID:	97014

and another situation, every time TC studio software starts, first screen looks messy as on the picture.

Name:	TC-starting-screen-SLOPPY.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	337.3 KB 
ID:	97016

I have to click on some other tab, o.e. "Capture media" and back to "Live Production" in order to make the interface "clean" as you can see on another picture. Anybody know how to really fix that?

Name:	TC-screen-after-tabClick-OK.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	394.6 KB 
ID:	97015

Thank you!
    Video Production Company, Europe-wide

www.video-production.eu
    video services, one-stop shop

Quote Originally Posted by stijef View Post
    Do you know why this is happening, a half line on the recorded files (mpeg) and on the stream using TC Studio (FME)? (see the picture)
    That looks normal, actually. The top few lines of the video signal normally carry 'non-image' data, and don't show up on a TV because they are hidden in the overscan area. When the full frame is displayed, as when overscan is enabled on a monitor, or when the file is displayed on some projectors, used as a picture-in-picture (without cropping), etc., it can be seen as a couple of lines of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by stijef View Post
    I have to click on some other tab, o.e. "Capture media" and back to "Live Production" in order to make the interface "clean" as you can see on another picture. Anybody know how to really fix that?
    Even that last picture looks a bit messed up. Is it possible you are running the UI on a non-standard monitor resolution?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I see. So cropping few top pixels (how many?) in the FME settings (profile file) will fix that, I guess?

non standard resolution... could be. I have to found info which resolutions are standard for TC. Thank you!
    Video Production Company, Europe-wide

www.video-production.eu
    video services, one-stop shop

the 2nd question is definitely a monitor resolution issue. I see it all the time... running a 16X9 project on a 4X3 monitor etc. or verse vica. try different resolutions and it will work itself out.

I also see the couple of scan lines on many, or most Images.. these are of course a total non issue when viewed on a TV monitor.

Bob Anderson