Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tricaster 300 video is stuttering during DDR playback

Tricaster 300 video is stuttering during DDR playback

Recently I have started having an odd problem with playing back clips with the DDR. The video would stall for a few seconds and then continue playing for a few second and then stall again. This happens several times during playback. I originally thought that I just had a bad clip until I tried to playback some older clips that were on the internal drive and had the same problem.

I defraged the drive, started new projects and tried different resolutions and I'm still having this issue. Has anyone else come across this issue?

Is this video on an external drive, or internal? In either case, it might be wise to run Disk Check over the drive it's stored on.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I'm running from the internal drive. I'm going to give the disk check a shot. I feel there may be some other issues going on because its taking quite a while for my Tricaster to boot up as well.

Las Vegas Toaster
    do a restore (make sure you backup your sessions first)
    Brett Beanan

I think my system just went belly up. I tried to reboot the system and once I get past the Newtek splash page the screen goes black and just hangs there.

I checked the BIOS and it shows that no drives are detected. Should I be worried?

Quote Originally Posted by DVGoodness View Post
    I think my system just went belly up.
    Yeah, didn't sound like software to me. I'd be on the horn toute suite to Tech Support, or even better, your local dealer if you have one. It could well be as simple as a faulty connection, but it's also possible you're seeing a hard drive failure.

Should I be worried?
    If you have a performance in a couple hours (or are in Iqaluit), then yes. Otherwise, hopefully you should be able to get it sorted.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Are these clips that previously played without problems? You can see this play-pause-play-pause behaviour with clips rendered with compression codecs that TriCaster "sort of" understands.

If you see this playing the stock NewTek clips.. definitely restore the machine. a quote that is soon to become my tag line: I've seen all kinds of things that seem to be hardware fixed by restoring the software...

To Everyone:

The TriCaster hardware is built on what are called FPGAs... Field Programmable Gate Arrays. These are basically circuit boards waiting to be built. There's one in your phone, in your microwave, and probably your toaster... it allows smart people ( like the NewTek guys ) to program your chips every time you start your machine.

Thus: Your TriCaster's hardware is in fact effected by your software.

As I said... I've seen things that seem like OBVIOUS hardware issues, resolved by doing a software restore.

Bob Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by bob anderson View Post
    As I said... I've seen things that seem like OBVIOUS hardware issues, resolved by doing a software restore.
    Sure - but it can be tricky trying to restore software when no drives are detected at bootup Bob.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bob anderson View Post
    Are these clips that previously played without problems? You can see this play-pause-play-pause behaviour with clips rendered with compression codecs that TriCaster "sort of" understands.

If you see this playing the stock NewTek clips.. definitely restore the machine. a quote that is soon to become my tag line: I've seen all kinds of things that seem to be hardware fixed by restoring the software...
    The play pause play problem I'm having is with the original stock footage as well a with footage I capture. Oddly enough, I'm only having this problem when I'm in the live environment. If i were to play the footage in speededit, they play without a problem from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Yeah, didn't sound like software to me. I'd be on the horn toute suite to Tech Support, or even better, your local dealer if you have one. It could well be as simple as a faulty connection, but it's also possible you're seeing a hard drive failure.

If you have a performance in a couple hours (or are in Iqaluit), then yes. Otherwise, hopefully you should be able to get it sorted.
    I was able to fix the problem without calling tech support. Turns out the system was stalling because I tried to schedule a disk check. Now I just have the original problem of the footage pausing and playing erratically. My footage is on the internal drive and I'm going to try and move it to an external drive and see if I have the same problem.

I have this issue with the original stock footage as well as what i newly captured.

how do you do a system restore? is it the delete video d drive? i have a shuttle?

I was able to fix the problem without calling tech support. Turns out the system was stalling because I tried to schedule a disk check.
    That would do it alright. That said, the diskcheck isn't a terrible idea. Mind you, if you haven't done one, a defrag might not be a bad idea either.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by souza777 View Post
    how do you do a system restore? is it the delete video d drive? i have a shuttle?
    A TriCaster Restore does not overwrite the D drive. Which model?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

it's a Tricaster Shuttle

I'm having issues with when I first turn it on, before it goes to the Tricaster program it gives me the: wants to restart or ignore for 10 seconds, then when I hit ignore for a few times it goes through, then when I switch between pages it will do the same. I called tech support and they said do a system restore. so wasn't sure if that's just doing a video d-drive delete or is there something else needing to be done? I've defragged but haven't did a disk check??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast