Thread: Animation Store Creator (Extreme)

UK based Live Production

Animation Store Creator (Extreme)

Anyone seen it ?
    Is it any good - how does it work ?
    Is there a manual (Steve) ?

Can't wait

Here you go. I think you might glean as much by looking at some of Kris's posts and examples in this forum, mind you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

We Make Effective FX! DiscreetFX's Avatar
    Sounds like a nice tool.
    DiscreetFX Team
    http://www.discreetfx.com
    Making Your Digital Films More Effective!
    DVE's & LiveSets for VT[5], TriCasters & SpeedEDIT 2.

Quote Originally Posted by adebats View Post
    Anyone seen it ?
    Is it any good - how does it work ?
    Is there a manual (Steve) ?

Can't wait
    1. I've seen it.

2. It is very good and very easy to use. Basically you build two image sequences in your favorite animation application. The sequence for the overlay is full-color plus alpha channel, so use a format like PNG or TGA. The sequence for the transition goes white to black, so don't worry about alpha on that one. If your animation goes full frame and there is a "cut point" you can skip the transition sequence. Import the two sequences, select the sound effects and set a thumbnail and that's about it. Just export to live or build an installer if it is going to a client. It is really straight-forward and easy to use.

3. Steve comes through!

Kris

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Seen it and used it and it works well as Kris has mentioned.
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

UK based Live Production
    Thanks All - sounds like the perfect tool - my techie guru here never used to swear until he started making those old DVEs using the old software

Much like the VSE... All I had to to was look at the Animation Store interface, and it made perfect sense. The manual is 24 pages... It's pretty much fool proof.

BTW... all you " we need audio like on the old Amiga VT" people... I did most of those sounds.. so if you need a drummer.. or someone to cough... feel free to contact me off line!!! ( JK)

Bob Anderson

UK based Live Production
    I'm looking forward to playing with the software soon. One questions for those who've had the extreme for a few months now (mine has just arrived in europe).

Can the software be installed on a laptop so the animations can be created by my graphics expert who doesn't need to have the extreme in front of him... If not then that's a definite feature request... as well as not being a fan of the swirly menus

ASC, like VSE, runs from TriCaster Startup as an Add-On. There is no standalone version at this time. I suppose it would be possible, but thinking about this, it seems to me that one can (and likely will) already prepare both of the input sequences on another system, and with a little imagination preview them too. This leaves only the compiling, a short process, to be done on the TriCaster. This being so, and although I can see the remaining advantage, I'm not sure there'd be a big demand (assuming it would come as some added cost). Your thoughts?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

UK based Live Production
    ok Steve, I'll have a play and come back to you. you might well be right that all the hard graft is done elsewhere and the compile is the only thing on the 850.

Thx

I'll be interested in your observations having done so. I'm always interested in a different point of view.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

The only absolute advantage to having an "off system" version of ASC would be that you could build and compile a new transition while the EXTREME is in live production. Let's say the producer comes to you in the middle of the show and says the company president wants the transition to look like this, despite the weeks of planning with the event team to have the transition look like that. You could make the new transition on another computer, transfer it to the tricaster via a network drive, and load it in while the show continues to roll.
    Zach Schuster
    SuiteCG- Sports Scoreboard and Stat Tools
    Tricaster 855/460
    Zeplay Instant Replay
    ScoreOCR
    Sony NX5U

Quote Originally Posted by ZachSchuster View Post
    The only absolute advantage to having an "off system" version of ASC would be that you could build and compile a new transition while the EXTREME is in live production.
    Yeah, that would seem to be about it. Do you think this is worth $$ to enough people to warrant the effort?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator