Thread: SE2 Crashes while rendering

SE2 Crashes while rendering

Has anyone had problems with SE 2 Crashing in the middle of rendering. It just started happening since I started having sub-projects in my timeline. Even after i extracted them out it still crashes. I cant do a complete render to any format. Can it be that the sequence is too complex, I'm not sure?

Blog Entries
    Have you installed any new programs prior to this problem?

Firefox 5 maybe?

is there a problem with firefox 5 and speededit

neat trick

this used to happen to me a fair bit, usually caused by TARGA files in the subprojects. I replaced them with PNG files made in photoshop which are basically the same thing, and the problem went away.

But try this trick - select the project you want to render, and the render window opens up. Before you click render, go back to the timeline and delete the entire project from the timeline - all the clips and subprojects. You can Ctrl-Z that as soon as rendering is done and get it all back, but having the project on the timeline and in the rendering engine simultaneously taxes the system a lot and causes it to sometimes crash. Deleting the project will make it render twice as fast will probably handle the crash problem. It may still crash, but try it 3 times before you decide it doesn't work. It worked for me.

That is a neat trick, Mutley.

Thanks for the tip!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gymcoach View Post
    is there a problem with firefox 5 and speededit
    I have no idea. I just suggested it because I know Firefox 5 was recently released and it is a huge hogger of system resources and is slow and crashes and has problems with Flash. All in all it's not that reliable, so logically speaking, it maybe causing some issues with SpeedEDIT given it's (Firefox 5's) problems.