Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Modeler?

Modeler?

Just before they cancelled CORE I purchased Lightwave 10. I figured that with CORE there would be decent modeling tools like edge slide, loop cut, manipulator handles, usable UV unwrapping etc. So with the cancellation of CORE and the implementation of a 3 year timetable, how long do you guys think it will be before one can use Lightwave for serious modeling? Right now for modeling I'm using Blender. Since CORE is toast I'm looking at other modeling options including possibly returning Lightwave 10 and saving for a different package. I'm not in the Lightwave HardCORE program and have not seen the 10.1 beta but it sounds like decent modeling in Lightwave is a long way away. Any thoughts?

You can use modeller as it for seroius modelling. I know several artists that can get by with straight out the box lw ...however as with most lw users we agree that modeller needs a kick into the 21st century ,the balls in newteks court

Moreover Just look in any wip or finished artwork thread ,then say modeler can't do serious ....also if its not written by newtek some very smart 3rd party devs post here ....trueart wolf the list goes on

I would just get swiftedgeloop from trueart. It will give you what you want as far as your loop cuts and slides right now. I couldn't work without it.

http://www.trueart.pl/?URIType=Direc.../SwiftEdgeLoop

Modeler can indeed do serious work. Modeler had long been recognized as a premier modeling application, it just has not been updated in some time and lacks in some areas. I'm also a long time modo user and IMO, Modeler holds up well against it. As a matter of fact I prefer Modeler over modo in the area that matters most to me and that is - speed. Modeler needs some workflow enhancements and improved giga poly performance and I think that will be coming next. Core actually outperforms modo and Max in giga poly pushing, so as they bring Core tech into Modeler I am very optimistic for the future. The present isn't half bad either!

I'm looking forward to Modeler enhancements but LW Modeler is still the best Modeling app I have used. For the modeling work I do, it is hands down the best.

That said.... I look forward to seeing what the LW dev team delivers in this department.

Tumbling speed needs works .list your modeler demands here .....

Modeler is still pretty good for the vast majority of modeling tasks out there and LWCAD seems to make up for most of what it lacks.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

The thing that gets me is that it sounds like the modeling tools in the cancelled CORE app were awesome. I just hope those tools make it into Lightwave relatively soon. I have to stick to my guns here though. Compared to the other 3D apps out there Modeler is seriously under powered. It's like a bicycle, fast, nimble, weighs nothing, doesn't cost much, fun to boot around on. But if your planning a serious trip better to reach for your car keys. Sure you can buy some plugins and turn that bike into a moped just stay off of the freeway.

Modeler is a very good app, I prefer it over Blender but always switch to the latter for UV work.

Plans are always awesome. I'm sure they're not taking all they learned from CORE and round filing it.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Skald View Post
    The thing that gets me is that it sounds like the modeling tools in the cancelled CORE app were awesome.
    They were not.

Look at what people have already accomplished w/Lightwave. Was BSG 'serious modeling'?
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by Skald View Post
    I have to stick to my guns here though. Compared to the other 3D apps out there Modeler is seriously under powered. It's like a bicycle, fast, nimble, weighs nothing, doesn't cost much, fun to boot around on. But if your planning a serious trip better to reach for your car keys. Sure you can buy some plugins and turn that bike into a moped just stay off of the freeway.
    Just curious to hear about the serious work you are working on that LightWave Modeler cant handle.

[QUOTE][The thing that gets me is that it sounds like the modeling tools in the cancelled CORE app were awesome./QUOTE]

Wow, I could do dams all with Core, I seem to be doing quite nicely earning a living with LW, I must be doing something wrong, can someone post a tutorial so I can get it right, feel so stupid.

If you purchased LW10, the only thing it takes to get you into the HC forums is an email to [email protected] letting them know that you want in and give them your username on the forum.
    [mr] Dana W. Burman | http://dwburman.com
    Motion Graphics for sale at Pond5 Stock Footage
    Check out my tutorials at Liberty3d.com & my YouTube channel!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast